IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
Over the past 100 years, a lot has changed at IBM, in this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We like to say, "be essential." We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation.
Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are changing the very way the world works. We want the brightest minds doing work that inspires, in an environment where growth is encouraged. IBMers get to discover their potential, so they're inspired to create breakthroughs that help our clients succeed. We're building diverse teams with people who want their ideas to matter. Join us - you'll be proud to call yourself an IBMer.
Business Unit Introduction:
IBM Watson Health represents a new partnership between humanity and technology. The era of cognitive healthcare is here. It's time to transform health with new ways of working to improve approaches to care, productivity and well-being.
IBM Watson Health's cognitive systems understand, reason and learn - helping to translate information into knowledge that can help drive more informed decision-making. With cognitive computing, we can see and analyze more data than ever before - and achieve more than we ever thought possible.
IBM Watson Health offers complete end-to-end value based solutions to optimize performance, engage consumers, deliver effective care and manage entire patient populations. It provides robust data integration and aggregation competency, risk-stratified analytics, performance measurement reporting, care management and care coordination tools, and patient engagement solutions that help enable every member of the care team to function at the highest level. Our exclusive innovation in cognitive computing enhances and accelerates expertise while facilitating collaboration and containing cost. This translates to a streamlined approach to managing population health for you and your health system.
Who you are:
- As a Database Administrator, you will be responsible for managing, developing and implementing new technologies.
- This role requires proven communication skills, both with team members, customers, and business contacts.
- Install, configure, and maintain (upgrade & patch) database software
- Create, monitor, and optimize database performance utilizing advanced performance tuning skills
- Automate recurring / redundant database tasks
- Develop database standards, guidelines, and standard methodologies.
- Evaluate and research new database features, version, and technologies
- Migrating Oracle 11g to Oracle 12c
- Opportunity to work with IBM Technologies & tools that intergrates between systems
- Technical & customer oriented
- Working with peer towers for technical support and collaborate with customer
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4+ years of experience on Oracle 11g, 12c and Exadata technologies
- Experience on Database migration from 11g to 12C
- Experience on Database upgrades, Restore and Recovery
- Experience on Database creations manually.
- Experience on Installing and upgrading the Oracle server and application tools
- Experience on Enrolling users and maintaining system security
- Ensuring compliance with your Oracle license agreement
- Controlling and monitoring user access to the database
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database
- Planning for backup and recovery of database information
- Experience on Backing up and restoring the database
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience in database performance monitoring and tuning skills, SQL and Stored-Procedure tuning and capacity planning.
- Desired DB2 supporting Experience
- Skills with both logical and system levels desired.
- Exposure to Oracle dataguard
- Experience setting up and managing Oracle ASM and OEM 12c/11g
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top