Data Warehousing ETL Consultant
The IBM Buffalo Innovation Center (IBIC) is an Advanced Analytics center in downtown Buffalo, New York. The IBIC focuses on creating and implementing repeatable solutions in Advanced Analytics, Cognitive Computing, Cloud Computing, and Mobile Computing. With its own data center and methodologies that leverage onsite expertise as a resource, the IBIC is an exciting opportunity promoting the rapid resurgence of its geographical region and IBM's continued success as a leader in technology.
IBM seeks to hire an IT Specialist with Analytics experience. The candidate will have experience with data analysis, data wrangling and data extract-transform-load process. Experience with custom coding (e.g. Python, R, C++), ETL products (e.g. DataStage, Informatica) and Big Data (e.g. Hive, Spark, Sqoop) is desirable. Knowledge of predictive analytic and machine learning algorithms is desirable.
Sponsorship is not available for this role.
The IT Specialist will perform:
Data analysis and modeling
Big Data and Data warehousing, Extract, Transform and Load process design and build
Database administration and application processing
Programming in Python, R, C++ and ETL tools
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 year experience in performing data modeling, programming, and applying data modeling techniques to IT solutions
- At least 2 year experience in developing solutions utilizing architectures
- At least 1 year experience in developing predictive models (SPSS) and/or Machine Learning algorithms
- At least 1 year experience in analyzing client needs, requirements and expectations
- At least 1 year experience in applying problem solving techniques
- A minimum of 2 years programming experience in Python, R, C++ and ETL tools
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top