Data Security Consultant
IBM has a long-standing commitment to diversity and inclusion, recognizing the unique value and skills every individual brings to the workplace. We believe that innovation comes from seeking out and inspiring collaboration in all dimensions. Consciously building inclusive teams and encouraging diversity of ideas helps us make the greatest impact for our clients, our colleagues, and the world.
Security Consultants in the global practice should be advisors and pragmatic management consultants that can speak to the security landscape and can communicate effectively with senior members of a client management and/or executive teams. The consultants will provide subject matter expertise in the form of workshops, and consulting engagements, which assess a client's security capabilities, which could be in the policy, process, technology or organizational areas, identify gaps and recommend cost effective best practices to reduce client risk and increase their handle on security risk.
The Encryption and Key management Consultant will be an advisor to clients and possess expertise with data security solutions inclusive of discovery, classification, taxonomy creation, encryption, key management, data governance, and monitoring as well as being able to effectively communicate these topics and their importance to clients. The consultant should have some knowledge of and experience in other security domains such as Security Operations, Mobile Security and Identity/Access Management. This position will require developing expertise with IBM security products and services and using those to provide data security solutions to clients. The consultant should have demonstrable experience in delivering data security engagements and implementation experience with security products.
• Lead/perform the delivery of data protection engagements including encryption and key management
• Gain expertise in the implementing, and performing data security engagements using the IBM tools like Multi-Cloud data (MDE) encryption, SKLM, Thales Vormetric solution and Safenet, Microsoft PKI or any other commercial PKI tools.
• Lead/perform the implementation and configuration of IBM and third party data security products and services
• Engage with clients to demonstrate product and services capabilities, gather and document solution requirements and identify requirements for deployment
• Integrate the IBM Data security product suite with Information Security Products and services, e.g. IBM Guardium, MDE
• Recommend data protection solutions, design approaches and proposals
• Be a trusted advisor on matters of encryption strategy and key management
• Lead advisory engagements to develop encryption and key strategies for clients
• Experience in designing and deploying public Cloud encryption and key management solutions e.g. Amazon, Microsoft Azure AIP etc.
• Assist in pre-sales, sales, closure and deliver of security consulting services
• Engage with product support team for troubleshooting and gathering client feedback
• Help drive pursuits and engage in complex projects, matching outcomes and meeting or exceeding client expectations
• Keeps up to date on advancements with respect to the trends and events in the information security industry
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Broad knowledge of IT, Business and Information Security landscape
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written, verbal and presentation skills
- Deep technical knowledge in working experience in at least 5 areas of Information Security such as:
- Data Discovery, Data Classification, Governance (preferred)
- Data at rest encryption solutions like Guadium Data encryption, Thales Vormetric, Gemalto Safenet, RSA
- Data in transit encryption
- Microsoft or other commercial Public Key Cryptography solutions
- Hardware Security Modules
- Key management solutions
- Tokenisation and Application encryption solutions e.g. Cryptomatic
- Hands-on experience in security products such as Guardium data encryption, Thales vormetric, Gemalto Safenet keysecure, Microsoft PKI, Thales or Safenet HSMs.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Previous experience in management consulting and systems integration
- Previous experience Interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and working relationships in a project based / client serving model, and work closely with people at different levels of an organization
- Previous experience in working across diverse teams to facilitate solutions
- Previous experience in management consulting or Managed Security Services
- Previous experience in working with security consulting teams
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top