Data Scientist - Pleno
Your Role and Responsibilities
IT Specialists in this job role have expertise in translating IT requirements in the design, development, and assembly of components to create custom information systems. Typical examples of the deliverables are functional and technical designs, models, components, code, unit tests, and documentation. IT Specialists who primarily apply their technical skills in an internal or external customer billable services and implementation environment. The employee focuses on individual/team objectives and development of professional effectiveness.
All positions are eligible for people with disabilities or rehabilitated
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Experience with cleansing and preparing datasets for analysis
- Has expertise in applying statistics or machine learning in a problem-solving environment with large, complex datasets
- Has experience with hypothesis testing, clustering, regression & classification, social network analysis, optimization, text analysis and time series analysis.
- Has experience with R and Python or equivalent
- Has expertise in developing, validating and executing algorithms and models on large scale systems
- Has experience with convey Data Science results in layman terms
- Familiarity with SQL or similar database query language
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with data visualization applications, like RShiny, Tablaeu or Python plotting packages
- Advanced / Fluent in English
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
Experience in using big data tools (e.g. Hortonworks/IBM; Hadoop, Spark, Kafka)
- Previous data science project execution and industry experience
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top