Data Scientist - Machine Learning (m/w)
We are in a data science renaissance.
Companies that embrace data science will lead and those who do not will fall behind.
To help IBM's clients lead, we are building an elite team of data science practitioners to help them learn how to succeed with data science. The team will include data engineers, machine learning engineers, optimization engineers and data journalists.
The team will engage directly in solving real-world data science problems in a wide array of industries around the globe with IBM clients and internally to IBM. The elite team of data scientist will work with other IBMers and client data science teams to solve problems in banking, insurance, health care, manufacturing, oil & gas and automotive industries , to name a few. We will teach the data scientists and sometimes people who desire to be data scientist to:
1. Identify a use case
2. Break that use case down into discrete MVPs (minimal viable product)
3. Work in code notebooks
4. Build & validate models
5. Deploy models via APIs into applications or workflows
6. Monitor & retrain models
7. Use code repositories to version and share code/notebooks
8. V isualize the output of their data story in a way that is consumable by all
While working across all these industries, you will also get to travel the World as these engagements will require that the team spend several weeks at client sites working on data science problems with a diverse team.
As a member of the team you will have a T-shaped skill set, having a broad knowledge base in Data Science and Industry Solutions in general, but also in depth expertise in one or more of Data Engineering, Machine Learning, or Decision Optimization.
Requirement for the Machine Learning - Lead
- Degree in applied mathematics, computer science, engineering or related, preference for advance degree
- Proficient programming skills, python preferred
- 5 years experience
- Big Data expertise
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proficient programming skills in at least two of the following: Python, R, Scala or Java. preference for Python
- Ability to consume and deploy data via APIs
- Expert in applying supervised, unsupervised and semi-supervised learning techniques
- Expert with ML pipeline - data ingestion, feature engineering, modeling including ensemble methods, predicting, explaining, deploying and diagnosing over fitting
- Expert in model selection and sampling
- Experience with deep learning and neural nets
- Business experience and/ or leadership experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Languages: Fluent in English
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top