Data Scientist Intern
The smartest companies today fully leverage data analytics for strategic decision making. The IBM Chief Analytics Office, a division of IBM Corporate Headquarters, combines business knowledge with big data to direct the future of IBM's strategic transformation. Do you want to drive significant change within a leading global company and influence C-suite level decisions?
The IBM Chief Analytics Office is an elite analytics consulting team that is tasked by IBM executives to pursue our most complex strategic issues. Our work is a combination of data science and management consulting. Through state of the art technology, and the power of artificial intelligence we strive to improve traditional business decision-making and processes.
This position is an internal Data Scientist Intern role with the Chief Analytics Office. You will work alongside consultants, managers, and data scientists to enhance business performance through analytics and data science focused initiatives.
The position's responsibilities include building innovative analytical models, testing and validating models, data gathering and research, fact-based quantitative analysis, interpreting the models in business terms, and communicating findings to business leaders. Are you passionate about harnessing the power of big data and analytics to address real-world business problems and play a key role in influencing change? If so, we want you to apply.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- BA/BS in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, or related STEM field
- Proficiency in Python, R, SQL or another programming language
- Experience or coursework in machine learning and/or natural language processing
- Statistical modeling through software (e.g. SPSS) or programming language (e.g. Python)
- Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Live or be willing to relocate to New York
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- MS in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, or related STEM field
- Quantitative data analysis
- Experience and/or coursework in Deep Learning
- Advanced MS Excel skills (e.g. VLOOKUP, Pivot tables)
- Professional experience with Spark and/or TensorFlow
- Hands-on experience deploying analytical models to solve business problems
- Ability to develop experimental and analytical plans for data modeling processes
- Experience with data visualization tools
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top