Data Scientist & Data Management Specialist
Your Role and Responsibilities
Objective of the job:
Typical responsibilities include converting business problems into an analytical solution in collaboration with client's team, and IBM Business & Analytics experts. Works with experts in a business area, understands underlying business process, strategy and execution. Identifies approaches to improve the accuracy and effectiveness of analytics models. Creates visual presentations of analytics results and translates quantitative insights for a non-technical audience. Proves ability to deploy analytics into the business to create value. Hands on participation and involvement in development of analytics and Cognitive solutions.
The Procurement Data Science practitioner will collaborate with procurement and other Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), researchers, academics from the area and analytics experts from industry globally
- Developing statistical theories, models to analyze and get insight into the information behind the data
- Provide analysis on data based on business problems
- Data visualization
- Support the development of solutions utilizing predictive, prescriptive and eventually cognitive analytics techniques linking to Watson Analytics teams
- Support data normalization, cleansing and modeling activities supporting internal and external Client teams that enable multi-client spending, savings and analytic insights
- Providing clients with data on ad hoc or regular basis by writing queries and/or using data mining tools for extracting data
- Supporting various projects, requests requiring data mining and deep understanding of the structure and content of data warehouses and processes
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Fluent English
- 3-5 years of experience in data management & project related positions.
- Master's Degree in Mathematics or Statistics or Operational Research.
- Experience in analytic skills, yet be a strategic thinker who can see the 'big picture' while managing the details
- Experience in hands-on use of statistical packages (i.e. SPSS, SAS, R).
- Experience in identifying and defining requirements and turning functional requirements into a predictive or prescriptive analytics solution that address difficult business solutions.
- Experience in solving clients' analytics problems and effectively communicating results and methodologies.
- Scripting and coding skills
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top