Are you interested in state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms? Do you like solving complex real-world business problems? Would you like to be part of the global artificial intelligence and cognitive computing breakthrough? If your answer to all is yes - IBM is the place to build your career!
We are now looking for Data Scientist Consultant to join our team in Helsinki. In this role, you will be part of a consulting team that is helping its clients across industries design and deliver innovative cognitive computing solutions based on IBM Watson technologies and other advanced analytics methods and tools. You will also have a chance to make a difference through your work, be it in building models for predictive maintenance, optimization of large-scale industrial processes, predicting diseases in healthcare industry - or in any other new application area you can think of.
Who you are
- Highly motivated, aspiring data scientist with some experience in artificial intelligence and machine learning from studies and/or previous work experience
- Independent, willing to learn and have good technical and business aptitude
- Thriving on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines (customers and colleagues), while having good verbal and written communication skills (English and Finnish)
- You have a university degree in e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, IT Management, Economics or similar
You have interest in or hands-on experience on the following topics:
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence methods and algorithms with e.g. R, Python, SAS, SPSS Modeler or Watson Technologies
- Conducting an analytics project through its lifecycle
- Industry knowledge to understand clients' business problems and how to solve them
- Knowledge on real world application areas of your interest be it natural language processing, image processing, health care data analytics or anything else
IBM is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world. In this role you will be working both independently and alongside of our Senior Consultants to provide advisory to our clients. We offer unique possibilities for experienced professionals to satisfy their desire to learn more and make a difference through their work. Can you think of a better way to advance your career?
If you are a graduate and at the beginning of your professional journey, we might invite you to join our Consulting by Degrees (CbD) program. Consulting by Degrees is IBM's global graduate leadership and development program designed for graduates who are passionate about building a career in consulting. As a junior consultant at IBM you will take on new challenges every day, enjoy real responsibility from day one, work with the brightest minds in the business and help us make markets by transforming industries and professions with data. https://www-935.ibm.com/services/careers/consulting-by-degrees/global/
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in Machine learning and artificial intelligence methods and algorithms with e.g. R, Python, SAS, SPSS Modeler or Watson Technologies
- University degree in e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, IT Management, Economics or similar
- Finnish language skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience in working in a team to conduct an analytics project through its lifecycle
- Knowledge on real world application areas of your interest be it natural language processing, image processing, data analytics or anything else
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top