Data Integration Lead - Watson Health
Join our highly visible and highly skilled team as we strive to accelerate sales, deliver client engagements, and build IBM's market eminence. If you are a forward-thinker and a curious intellectual, we welcome you to apply for your next exciting career challenge!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Watson Government Health and Human Services is currently searching for a Data Integration Lead to join our team.
*Must be able to travel weekly or relocate to Frankfort, Kentucky.
The Data Integration Lead is responsible for leading the data integration (ETL) development for data warehouse solutions that deliver diverse reporting and analytic capabilities to health and human services customers in the public and private sector. This role oversees the team that develops data integration programs that load, transform and extract data from the data warehouse, and assures that architecture and development follow data warehouse best practices. This individual works with DW architects, data architects, hardware/software engineers, DBAs, application vendors and managed services to ensure enterprise DW solutions are reliable, scalable, flexible and low maintenance.
This position requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. The candidate must demonstrate expertise in data warehouse concepts, practices, and procedures, has technical hands on experience implementing data warehouse solutions, has lead teams responsible for ETL development, and demonstrates extensive application development experience and the judgment to set, plan and implementation goals. This individual should also have strong communication skills and the ability to provide consultation to customers and collaborate internally on complex projects as the lead contributor/specialist. This position typically reports to a lead architect, manager or head of a unit/department.
- Manages a team of developers performing ETL activities
- Review business and technical requirements and ensure the data integration platform meets requirements
- Apply industry best practices for ETL design and development
- Lead design, development and implementation of end-to-end complex ETL system using Informatica tools
- Plan and lead ETL development efforts for team utilizing Informatica tools
- Produce written deliverables for technical design, system testing and implementation activities
- Lead implementation of ETL systems that are operationally stable, efficient and automated
- Lead implementation of technical solutions that are scalable, aligned with the enterprise architecture and can adapt to changes in business
- Lead implementation of ETL systems that maximize re-usable components/services, collect/share metadata, incorporate audit, reconciliation and exception handling
- Lead implementation of parallel processing, load balancing, near real-time and real-time ETL processes
- Lead implementation of entity resolution applications to build master indexes for members, providers, payers, etc.
- Establish master data management programs
- Implement monitoring and measurement of data quality as defined by business rules
- Ensure adherence to architectural governance standards and practices
- Implement best practices, standards of excellence, and guidelines for programming teams
- Coordinate System Testing activities
- Lead development, documentation and application of best practices and procedures that govern DW implementations and operations
- Contribute to the recruiting, mentoring, and growth of team members
- Off hour and weekend support may be required to meet project milestones
Data integration - Medicaid - MMIS - Claims - data warehouse - data analytics - government human services - Frankfort, Kentucky
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must work in Frankfort, Kentucky five days a week
- 2 years' experience as leading ETL development for data warehouse projects (healthcare preferred)
- 5 years' experience programming ETL programs using standard languages or tools (Informatica preferred,
- DataStage, SAS, Oracle, or equivalent)
- 5 years' experience performing data analysis and profiling, and designing ETL systems/programs
- Expert SQL skills
- In depth understanding of data integration best practices, leading industry applications and features such as master data management, entity resolution, data quality assessment, metadata management, etc.
- Understanding of data warehouse best practices
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Health and human services experience
- Experience implementing ETL on Oracle or Teradata database platform
About Business Unit
IBM Watson Health is pioneering a new partnership between humanity and technology with the goal of transforming global health and revolutionizing many aspects of the medical and pharmaceutical industries, as well as government sectors. We aspire to improve lives and give hope by delivering innovation to address the world's most pressing health challenges through data and artificial intelligence insights.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top