Data Engineer for IBM Security X-Force (m/w)
Ready to change the way the world works? This is your chance to develop innovative new technology products, as well as your career, with one of the world's largest and innovative technology company! Hone your expertise alongside fellow talented professionals, where you will develop some of the most exciting software solutions on the market. At IBM, we are strongly committed to the advancement of open Internet standards and applications as well.
IBM Security X-Force in Kassel delivers Threat Intelligence in the area of campaign detection (e.g. botnet intelligence, bad actor identification, Web and IP reputation, Spam detection). Based on the algorithms developed in research we create software components and products which deliver actionable insights on emerging threats. This data is provided to our Threat Intelligence Portal IBM X-Force Exchange, as well as for our content security products and services.
As an IBM Data Engineer, you will use the latest tools and technologies available to process big data in a real-time productive cloud environment. In your position you will be part of an agile continuous delivery DevOps team. This team is also responsible for the architecture and operation of our large distributed computing cluster. You will help ensure that software components are expertly designed, tested, debugged, verified, and ready for integration into IBM's best-of-breed solutions that help organizations improve their business outcomes in the global marketplace.
We are looking for people with excellent database engineering, Big Data as well as Cloud skills in addition to good software development knowledge. A passion to engage in continuous learning and self-improvement is also a must, as the security market is constantly changing, requiring you to stay ahead of the threat.
Interested? Apply now with your complete set of documents!
Feel free to apply in German or in English.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline
- At least 1 year experience in SQL and NoSQL
- Solid experience in an high level programming language and at least one scripting language (preferred Python or Node.js)
- Solid experience in Big Data
- Solid experience in container based cloud environments (Kubernetes)
- Basic knowledge in Test Driven Development, Agile Development
- Good communication and presentation skills
- German: Upper intermediate (B2 level)
- English: Intermediate (B1 level)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Master's Degree in computer science or a related discipline
- At least 2 years experience in SQL and NoSQL
- At least 2 years experience in an high level programming language and at least two scripting languages
- At least 1 year experience in Test Driven Development, Agile Development
- English: Upper intermediate (B2 level)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top