Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Watson Financial Services Solutions aids global top-tier Financial Services clients solve their most complex business and financial risk issues. As a Data Engineer in the Financial Crimes Insight (FCI) Solutions you will play a key role within the exciting Financial Crimes Insight Solutions business focusing on financial use cases involving Anti-Money Laundering, Trade Surveillance, Due Diligence, and Insurance.
As a member of the FCI Insurance team you will work with other data engineers, data scientists, backend developers, front-end developers, and visual designers to develop and test the implementation of features for the Financial Crimes Insight Insurance product. You will be responsible for development of both analytics models and solutions and the automated tests to validate that code and results. Your role as an insurance team member can encompass involvement in multiple areas of our insurance product. Having full software lifecycle experience, agile development, in addition to automation and continuous integration experience is valuable, but not required.
- Develop solutions in Python and Spark (e.g. PySpark)
- Develop solutions using DS industrial standards, like Jupyter notebook, NumPy, Pandas, sklearn, etc.
- Develop automated tests to verify use case functionality
- Create technical documentation (implementation, usage, automation, etc)
- Participate in the design, build, extension and maintenance of our analytics pipeline
- Be active part in generating and identifying relevant test and validation data
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Minimum 1- 3 years of experience as a Data Engineer in an enterprise environment
- Scripting proficiency: Python and Spark
- Proficiency with Linux
- Familiarity with the Agile development process
- Logical and analytic approach to problem solving
- Very good spoken and written English skills
- Excellent problem solving and diagnostic skills
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- 3-5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer
- Programming experience in Scala
- Experience working with container-based virtualization (kubernetes, docker)
- Experience working with Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP).
- Ability to work with databases (DB2, SQL)
- Knowledge of LDAP (SDS, AD)
- Experience working in an Agile (Scrum/Kanban) development process.
- University degree in a Computer Science, Data Science, or related discipline
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top