Data Engineer & Data Management Specialist
Your Role and Responsibilities
Objective of the job:
Support decision making, client engagements, supplier negotiations and business operations with creating queries, reports, performing data mining and analytics on Procurement Data for all levels of Procurement globally and also for non-Procurement functions. Support the maintenance, enhancements of Procurement data warehouses, ETL processes and development of advanced business intelligence solutions.
- Providing clients with data on ad hoc or regular basis by writing queries and/or using data mining tools for extracting data
- Maintaining data extraction, transformation, load (ETL) processes in the various data base environments
- Developing and maintaining automated reports, dashboards (ie using Cognos), data load jobs
- Support various client engagements that may require development of new reports, dashboards, creating new data marts, ETL processes, data modeling
- Supporting various projects, requests requiring data mining and deep understanding of the structure and content of data warehouses and processes
- Supporting technical tasks, projects ie. changes to interfaces between the source systems and the data warehouse
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Fluent English
- 2-3 years of experience in data engineering related positions.
- College or University Degree
- Database administration, management
- Data modeling skills
- ETL skills (ie, DataStage)
- Microsoft Excel (utilizing formulas, ability to create macros)
- English language skills written and spoken.
- Keen attention to detail
- Advantages: Cognos (various modules), SPSS (various modules), DB2, Big data experience, Server Maintenance (any)
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top