Data Center Technician (Santa Clara, CA)
IBM Cloud offers a unified platform that gives you cloud computing any way you want it, deployed on demand, with a single pane of glass for systems management (one portal; one Application Programming Interface (API).
- Rack, build, cable, configure, and provision Intel and Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)
- Deployment of Cisco Layer 2 networking equipment
- Troubleshoot, test, quality assurance of server hardware
- Professionally resolve hardware issue via trouble ticket
- Create tickets within the ticketing system to address problems, incidents and changes of hardware
- Provide accurate and detailed logs within the ticketing and messaging systems for callouts and system alerts, as well as for communication and escalation steps taken to ensure prompt resolution of supported equipment, processes and teams
- Install, test and label cable and fiber using standard data center protocols and use cable management systems
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- One (1) year of work experience in a technical field
- Basic knowledge in Windows, Linux or Unix Operating Systems
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top