Data Architect / Developer
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Data Strategy and Warehousing Tribe, a group of about 80 people in IBM's global CIO organisation, is looking for a Data Architect / Developer.
As a team we take pride in rolling out a global datamart solution which allows IBM to maximize its hiring effectiveness and provides executive clients with the business intelligence they need.
In your you will be responsible to build and grow data models and processes. You will also architect and develop data integrations with other applications. Good communication skills and a background as Business Analyst will help transforming the business needs into technical requirements.
We work in a modern and sunny office in the Budapest Duna Tower Building and use state of the art software solutions for our daily work. We work in groups of about five people and put a lot of focus on team spirit, respect, and a positive work climate.
• Requirements analysis;
• Analytics, including:
- Data Warehouse storage models (star-schema);
- Database/Repository systems (DB2 development);
- ETL tools (DataStage development);
- OLAP tools (basic Cognos knowledge);
- Data modeling for Data Warehouses and Data Marts; replication systems; integrating systems;
- Performance maintenance (indexes, reorg, runstats);
- User/role management;
- Row and Column Access Control (RCAC);
- Developing complex parallel jobs;
- Developing complex sequence jobs for data integrity;
- Manual data partitioning in parallel jobs;
- Managing Data Sets;
- Deployment using IIS Manager;
- Java and shell integrations
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Proven track record in the skills needed for the role;
- Previous work experience as an Enterprise Architect, Business Analyst, or Senior Developer;
- Good overall IT skills and understanding of global enterprise applications;
- Good English knowledge
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top