Job Responsibilities: Provides positive user experience by determining information structure for Web sites and Web applications.
Identifies user requirements by researching and analyzing user needs, preferences, objectives, and working methods; studying how users consume content, including data categorization and labeling; meeting with focus groups.
1. Plans information architecture by studying the site concept, strategy, and target audience; envisioning architectural scheme, information structure and features, functionality, and user-interface design; creating user scenarios; preparing data models; designing information structure, work-and dataflow, and navigation; evaluating information representation; conducting creative meetings.
2. Organizes information by translating user behavior into media structure and elements; crafting interactive experiences; producing workflow diagrams, user scenarios, flowcharts, and storyboards; preparing interaction specifications, navigation rules, organization of information, and site maps; coordinating with business, technology, visual, structural, editorial, cognitive, and brand strategists.
3. Implements information architecture by preparing paper and interactive prototypes and mockups including page layout and navigational elements; coordinating with Web Producer and Production Developer to integrate site concept, visual design, writing, interface, and navigational structure; documenting structure and processes.
4. Validates information delivery by developing and completing usability test plans; evaluating traffic patterns; studying user feedback; coordinating with Usability Specialists.
5. Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills and Qualifications:
Requirements Analysis, Planning, Database Management, Self-Motivated, Presenting Technical Information, Problem Solving, Data Modeling, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Ad Hoc Reporting, Data Maintenance, Large Scale Data Analysis, Data Migration, Data Security & Sensitivity, Data Governance Knowledge
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 years experience in solution architecture covering web/mobile applications, services & integration, analytics, security, testing, infrastructure and deployment.
- At least 5 years experience in software development
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 2 years experience in at least one main stream front end development technology (Native iOS, Native Android, Hybrid/Web: AngularJS, ReactJS, HTML5, CSS3)
- At least 4 years experience in building Java backend applications
- At least 2 years experience in client facing role demonstrating presentation skills, as well as having the ability to communicate with client management and executives
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top