- Krakow, Poland
At IBM, Technical Solution Architects work to understand needs and then create complex high-quality solutions that make meaningful impact. You'll be responsible for overall leadership and delivery of the solutions from requirement gathering through implementation. You'll use your in-depth knowledge of leading-edge products and technologies along with industry and business skills to influence outcomes.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a highly motivated and innovative Technical Architect for the Data & AI Expert Labs SWAT team that has a passion for delivering scalable and highly available solutions running on IBM Data and AI platform. This is a leadership role as an individual contributor within the SWAT team. This position will work directly with cross functional teams, services, engineering to build and transform the customer system.
YOUR ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive competitive database/ datastore migration strategies.
- Work in an Agile, collaborative environment to build and deploy hybrid cloud architectures
- Oversees, develops and maintaining the current and future state architecture (conceptual, logical and detail) that represent the enterprise architecture (business, application, data and technical architecture) building blocks (standards and best practices)
- Provide reference architecture and guidelines for technology adoption and implementation (i.e. cloud migration, application modernization, ERP integration etc.).
- Responsible for researching, architecting, and delivering the constantly expanding solutions that run on IBM Data and AI platform systems.
- Monitor technology trends and influence Track emerging technologies. Model a future-state enterprise architecture that incorporates emerging IBM Data and AI platform.
- Review solutions and designs of peers, including data models, pipeline design and provide appropriate feedback including performance optimization. And, support peers and IT partners by recommending solutions that reduce/manage risk and deliver value.
- Drive business and technology strategies and initiatives into actionable roadmaps with clear direction on execution to ensure business value and ROI.
- Responsible for helping to resolve Performance/Technical issues during migration.
- Design and implement tools for automated deployment and migration as needed.
- Create a consistent methodology & process to share across the WW team
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ yrs. experience with software implementation with data warehousing
- Must have a proven track record of innovation as well as being detail-oriented, team-oriented, self-directed and adaptable to new development environments and changing business requirements.
- 2 + yrs. experience with API/first architecture design or distributed systems (e.g., microservices, Virtualization) or cloud infrastructure for large scale ERP application
- 2+ yrs. experience working with cloud technology implementation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with and collaborate across a global team of engineers
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in IBM Technologies: Netezza, Db2
- 3 + yrs. experience implementing open source technologies
- Fundamental knowledge in one or more of the following technology areas: Scala, Python, Java, Kubernetes, SQL, and stored procedures
- Experienced in Software migration, debugging and performance optimization
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top