Data Analyst - Security Intelligence
The global cost of cyber-crime is expected to reach over 2 trillion dollars by 2019. At IBM Security, our mission is to protect our clients from various attacks including malware, identity thief, fraud etc. IBM® Security delivers an integrated system of analytics, real-time defenses and proven experts, so come make a difference & build a career
What is your job?
As a Data Analyst on the QRadar Software Development Team, you will be responsible for:
- Interpreting data, analysing results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Developing and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identifying, analysing, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filtering and "cleaning" data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Working with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locating and define new process improvement opportunities
- Determining the meaning of data and explain how various teams and leaders can leverage it to improve and streamline their processes.
- Performing testing and validation of data sets.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
Strong attention to detail
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English Fluent (verbal and written)
- Min 3-5 years' Data mining experience
- 4+ years in a data analyst role
- Strong leadership, collaboration, and project management skills.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top