IBM Technical Support Services (TSS)' mission is to become the largest and most successful provider of technical support services in the world. The Business Technology team within TSS is focused on supporting the TSS strategy through new IT development and moving to a common IT portfolio across the company;
Organizationally the TSS Business Technology team is set up to do IT transformation allowing work to be done smarter, quicker, with high client satisfaction, while still supporting the existing unique IT portfolios used among various geographies.
The Data Analyst will support UKI service improvement and evolution for financial industry clients.
They will develop and deliver advanced data visualizations for internal and client-facing use, as well as work closely with a global analytics nd innovation team on developing and integrating new data-based products and services.
Thought leadership and development with clients requires the ability to 'show' rather than 'tell' and development of pilots and showcases, along with the ability to react rapidly to Proof of Concepts with clients and critical success factors to expanding towards this vision.
- Data extraction, manipulation and presentation
- Development of storyboards and insight visualizations with respect to various clients in the financial industry
- Working closely with the UKI account and service delivery team to understand client and business specifics and incorporate them into the work product
- Develop prototypes for new analytics deliverables
- Seek to identify ways of building new rules, insights, metrics and improvement approaches
- Constantly seek to innovate in tools used and products featured in the UKI portfolio
- Documentation of the process and process changes
- Additional tasks as required by Management
- Good understanding of analytics, statistics and data visualization
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with SQL data extraction and manipulation
- Experience with Watson Analytics or Cognos Analytics is an advantage
- Understanding of technical support processes is an advantage
- Good communicator
- Fluency in English - both verbal and written
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top