Cybersecurity Vulnerability Specialist
The IBM Global Chief Information Security Organization (IBM CISO) is seeking a highly self-motivated leader who is passionate about security and vulnerability management to join the dynamic IBM CISO Vulnerability Management (VM) team.
The Cybersecurity Specialist will implement and enhance IBM's vulnerability management policies, standards, and processes including existing PSIRT (Product Security Incident Response Team).
The Cybersecurity Specialist will be part of a fast-paced Agile team collaborating closely with IBM CISO VM solution engineers to drive solutions and proper vulnerability management across all business units to reduce risk to IBM and customers. Prefer prior experience with vulnerability management tools such as Qualys, Tenable, Rapid7, etc. and/or process management/issue tracking tools such as IBM Business Process Management (BPM), Jira, etc.
Successful candidates will be innovative thinkers and possess out-of-the box thinking to improve effectiveness of security teams in an ever-changing environment. This role is a part of an exciting fast paced corporate security team. Security is one of IBM's critical pillars and the position offers great visibility.
- Manage real-time security vulnerabilities through IBM Vulnerability Management processes
- Define and document IBM Vulnerability Management policies, standards, and processes
- Lead and coordinate cross-functional teams to handle urgent security vulnerability events
- Work with third-parties and IBMers to research vulnerability reports and coordinate resolution
- Drive user community adoption of Vulnerability Management solutions and provide support
- Gather user requirements and influence design, development, enhancements of VM solutions
- Communicate and report status and metrics to IBM Executives and Business Unit BISOs
- Track risks and escalate new risks and obstacles to the leadership team
- Work with Legal to maintain and improve Vulnerability Management process and polices
- Shape IBM's security culture through user communities and education
- Research information security trends, standards and practices to enhance security solution s
- Participate actively in knowledge sharing activities to improve security engineering practices
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- Prior experience in vulnerability management and cloud, mobile, or application security
- 3+ years experience in creating and documenting policies, processes, and frameworks
- Ability to manage details of Business Units compliance
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with Executives, BISOs, Business Units peers
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with global cross-matrix teams
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is preferred
- Leadership and Communications 5
- Security Operations and/or Incident Response 5
- Vulnerability Management practices and techniques 4
- Vulnerability Management or Process Mgmt/Issue Tracking Tools 4
- Reporting and Metrics Tools (Dashboards, Pivot Tables, Cognos) 4
- Knowledge of IT security best practices, standards, techniques 3
- Knowledge of industry security frameworks (ISO2700x, NIST, HIPAA, Cloud Security) 3
- Agile and DevOps methodologies 3
No remote opportunities exist
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years experience in delivering technology-related services or solutions
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top