Cybersecurity Technical Administrator - Cloud
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
This position is for a Cybersecurity Technical Administrator supporting the clients commercial cloud services infrastructure. Our client is a managed service provider for Army and DoD IT systems and plans to offer managed cloud services in Microsoft Azure followed closely by Amazon Web Services. Job duties include:
- Serve as overall domain expert on Cybersecurity Technical Administrator technology and market capabilities/trends.
- Conduct security scans against the organization's cloud-deployed infrastructure, produce and interpret compliance reports.
- Validate technical security controls are in place for operating systems, applications, and network appliances, and recommend enhancements.
- Review proposed configuration changes for security impact. Operate endpoint-protection mechanisms, including high-level reporting and day-to-day administration activities.
- Collaborate with technical and policy teams to implement, maintain, and monitor technical security configuration controls, including: STIGs, SRGs, and other industry security hardening guidance.
- Work between technical and policy teams to successfully implement and run requirements for maintaining cloud P-ATO, ATO, and security control inheritance capabilities.
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to transform high-level technical objectives into comprehensive technical requirements.
- Use results of vulnerability scans to figure out vulnerabilities and develop operational plans to remediate or mitigate vulnerabilities as they are discovered.
- Install, operate, and maintain Host Based Security System.
- Operate and maintain web content filter.
- Lead our clients Cybersecurity training and certification program using the Army Training and Certification Tracking System.
- Assist hosted customers in obtaining and maintaining RMF and other certifications as required.
- Review and document change requests; and resolve approval or denial of requests.
- Update and/or assist the hosted system's personnel in updating artifacts of the RMF; i.e., system diagrams (logical and physical) Hardware/Software/Firmware Inventory, Interface & Ports, Protocols and Services listing, etc..
This position is located in Radford, VA.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of experience as a Cybersecurity Policy Administrator.
- Mid to senior level experience as a Cybersecurity Policy Administrator in a cloud environment.
- DoD 8570.1M IAM level II certification
- Strong knowledge of DOD Risk Management Framework Assessment & Authorization, FedRAMP, the DOD cloud provisional authorization (PA) process, and the processes to successfully acquire and maintain an Authorization to Operate (ATO).
- Working knowledge of the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Process, cloud security information impact levels, the differences between an ATO and P-ATO, the differences between a CSO and CSP, and the processes to successfully acquire, maintain, and support DOD cloud accreditation.
- Experience automating routine administrative tasks desired.
- Strong understanding of common cyber threat patterns, indicators of compromise, and defenses.
- Working knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM).
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top