Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
As part of the CyberSecurity Branch - Internal Controls Team, Resource shall provide information systems security engineering assistance consisting of the following tasks:
- You will act as the IASO for hosted systems, assuming the responsibilities as outlined in AR 25-2.
- You will assist hosted customers in obtaining and maintaining RMF for DOD IT and other certifications as required.
- You will update and/or assist the hosted system's personnel in updating artifacts of the accreditation package and store the artifacts in organizationally defined repository; i.e., system diagram (logical and physical) Hardware/Software/Firmware Inventory, Interface & Ports, Protocols and Services listing, etc.
- You will assist in the preparation of network infrastructure specifications or designs incorporating required information security features.
- You will review and evaluate Information Systems Design Plans, Continuity of Operation Plans, Communication Plans, engineering change proposals and configuration changes for compliance with relevant security regulations, policies, and best industry practice.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Interim DoD Secret clearance.
- 4+ years of experience in CyberSecurity.
- 1+ year of hands-on experience working with Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication abilities.
- DoD 8570.1M IAM level II certification is required.
- Possess both Baseline and Computing Environment certification as defined in DoD Instruction 8570.01M.
- The Computing Environment certification can include CompTIA Server+, Microsoft, RedHat, or Solaris professional certifications or training as defined in DoDi 8570.01M
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Active DoD Secret clearance.
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top