Cyber Threat Responder
IBM MSS Security Operations Center (SOC) is seeking an experienced EDR/threat responder. The selected candidate will spend time analyzing alerts in the client's EDR platform, communicating with the client concerning true positives, and providing feedback for tuning efforts and improved detection capabilities. Additionally, the responder will work with internal IBM security teams to provide contextual visibility to ongoing investigations and may serve as an escalation point from network security analysts. The successful candidate will be able to work both independently and as part of a larger team, have a strong understanding of TTPs, have exceptional technical writing skills, and be able to work in stressful situations.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2 years in the cyber threat intelligence industry or equivalent knowledge and experience OR
- 2 years experience in EDR (Endpoint technology and response) OR
- 1 years experience in a SOC or NOC environment or equivalent field OR
- 2 years in incident response with extensive knowledge of the inner-workings of the windows\\linux\\osx operating systems
- 2 years in technical writing, developing technical documents, and incident response reporting.
- Ability to quickly identify suspicious events thru pattern and behavioral analysis, intelligence correlation, and anomaly detection
- Extensive knowledge of current and past malware, attack methodologies, and adversaries.
- Experience in malware reversing both static and dynamic
- Scripting experience in one or more languages
- Exceptional communicative skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Preferred Education Bachelor's Degree
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top