Cyber (IT / Forensic / Security) Incident Responder [IBM Japan_CISO]
Your Role and Responsibilities
This role is for IBM Japan
IBM is seeking a Cyber Security Incident Response professional to work on the global Cyber Security Incident Response team (CSIRT). CSIRT's core function is to provide continuous cybersecurity incident intake, triage, investigative response and data analysis services for the IBM Corporation and its clients as well as contributing to the ongoing improvement of IBM's overall IT security posture.
The position is located in Tokyo Japan.
The position requires a strong, technically skilled Information Security professional. The role entails developing and executing all components of computer security incident intake, triage, investigation, and response to emerging threats and confirmed or suspected cyber events within the IBM landscape having the potential to impact IBM and/or IBM clients. The role requires a combination of strong working technical, managerial, and analytical knowledge of cyber incident triage, containment, investigation and reporting methodologies. The role is highly visible and requires regular interaction to business executives, collaboration with IBM's cyber support; such as Corp Communications, Legal, etc., and comprehensive, thorough root cause analysis, metrics, and security control improvement reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrated understanding of information security control domains and end-to-end life-cycle cyber security incident response inclusive of digital forensics
• Working knowledge of common attack vectors and penetration techniques.
• Ability to establish, maintain and execute all components of an incident response plan, from incident intake through root cause analysis, technical remediation analysis, and reporting
• Ability to effectively triage reported cyber security events including events based on sparse symptom detail
• Ability to quickly assess ownership or requirement to transfer response execution according to incident particulars and organizational domains of responsibility.
• Ability to execute cyber security incident response technologies, including but not limited to network, system and application log review, and demonstrated foundational digital forensics
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, at all levels throughout the duration of a cyber security incident.
• Ability to provide end-to-end respond adhering to global legal, regulatory and organizational requirements
• Ability to identify source, types and applicable concerns/laws as it relates to all elements of data privacy; (Confidential, PI, SPI, PHI)
• Ability to adhere to regulatory reporting requirements and practices
• Ability to have a working applied knowledge of the scope and authority of oversight agencies (e.g Data Protection Authorities, Privacy Commissioners, Federal Trade Commission, etc
• Ability to define, document, and communicate root cause analysis and security control (people, process, technology) recommendations to minimize future incident occurrence
• Ability to maintain, advance, and report meaningful incident metrics
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 4+ years' experience in applied IT Security Operations or forensics
- Bilingual. Business-level communication skills in both Japanese and English
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work enviorments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top