Customer Success Engineer
At Aspera, an IBM company, our unwavering mission is to create the next-generation software technologies that move the world's largest files and data sets at maximum speed, regardless of transfer distance and network conditions. A pioneer in the enablement of high-speed, data-intensive workflows throughout the enterprise, Aspera has unlocked the Cloud for Big Data with high-performance digital transport on demand and cutting edge transfer services. Our international teams focus on supplying innovative data transfer solutions that help organizations operate and collaborate more effectively on a global scale.
At the root of Aspera's success lies the patented, Emmy® award-winning FASP™ technology. This highly efficient bulk data transport technology is unique and core to all Aspera high-performance file transfer software. Fused into Aspera's DNA, our philosophy of innovation is always top of mind with our team, and integral to the software products that fuel the company's consistent and rapid growth. Aspera serves thousands of customers across a wide variety of industries, such as media & entertainment, enterprise games and software development, engineering and electronics, government, legal & eDiscovery, financial services, life sciences, IT and oil & gas.
We are looking for a Customer Success Engineer to join our newly created Customer Success team. As an Aspera Customer Success Engineer (CSE), your primary goal is to enable successful adoption of the Aspera on Cloud platform by our customers. You will work closely with end customers, Account Executives, and Customer Success Managers to provide technical support/assistance/guidance to drive engagement with the Aspera on Cloud platform. A great CSE will help the customer understand how to use the platform, as well as resolve any/all issues that arise.
- Provide Aspera on Cloud training to customers
- Assist Customer Success
- Monitor and track end-to-end metrics for Aspera web applications and managed transfer services
- Deploy and manage security and configuration for a fleet of managed VMs and our Mesos application cluster
- Build in-house tooling for service discovery, deployment automation, and application monitoring
- Collaborate with Aspera engineering to migrate to Aspera's next generation micro-service architecture
- Assist in migration to Aspera's next generation micro-service architecture built on Kubernetes
- Troubleshoot and mitigation production issues as part of an on-call rotation
- Perform RCA and create postmortems for production issues
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years as an engineer in Site Reliability, DevOps, or IT, preferably running highly-available SaaS systems
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge of distributed systems, networking, and Unix systems
- Experience building tools in both BASH shell scripting and scripting languages (ruby, python, perl)
- Experience with one or more configuration management frameworks (Chef, Puppet, Ansible) and infrastructure automation (Terraform, Cloud Formation)
- Background building and running container-ized workloads in production using a clustered scheduler (Mesos/Marathon, Kubernetes)
- Strong understanding of application and network security fundamentals
- Strong communicator with experience working in an agile work environment
- Experience working as part of an on-call rotation
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top