Customer Marketing Manager -Watson Marketing
Marketing is more than ensuring growth: it's also about ensuring profitable growth through customer adoption, retention, expansion and advocacy. Are you ready to lead Watson Marketing's long-term success by delivering exceptional post-purchase customer experiences? Are you passionate about turning customers into fans and advocates? Then this is the role for you.
The Customer Marketing Manager (Product Marketing Manager) at IBM marries deep customer, competitive and market understanding with in-depth product knowledge to develop and execute omni-channel go-to-market programs that deliver on business objectives.
In order for IBM to truly be essential to its customers, they must feel their relationship with IBM begins, not ends, at purchase. The Customer Marketing Manager is focused specifically on creating that essential experience through outstanding post-purchase customer experiences. Your objectives: ensure onboarding and adoption experiences are so delightful that customers are compelled to be vocal, passionate advocates on our behalf. Your success will be measured through improved Net Promoter Score (NPS), contract renewal and cross-sell/upsell extension rates, and conversion of users into advocates. And finally, your programs will not only have a direct impact on lifetime customer value to IBM, but have a halo effect on IBM growth through reduced friction in the pre-purchase experience.
- Be the expert on our existing customers' users, buyers, and influencers: through deep empathy, anticipate their needs throughout the post-purchase stages of their journey, including onboard, adoption, and advocacy.
- Partner with Offering Management, Client Success, Support and Design: create a true omni-channel post-purchase experience that includes all touchpoints: onboarding team, technical support, in-product/in-service, marketing communications, success teams, sales and more.
- Partner closely with the Watson Marketing Product Marketing managers and their diamond teams: Consistently deliver compelling digital post-purchase experiences through the IBM Marketing Plan / Campaign framework, and deliver clear, customizable, and clever enablement materials for IBM Client Success Managers, IBM Contract Extension Managers, IBM Software Renewal Representative and IBM Business Partner relationship managers.
- Convert users into advocates and a tribe: create Watson Marketing brand advocates, leveraging Blue Access, IBM Champions, and other IBM advocacy programs.
- Partner with IBM Originals and content marketing: design and deliver high-quality digital content that delights existing customers, and compels advocate to take action.
- Support the Watson Customer Engagement community manager: deliver engaging content and SME engagement from Watson Marketing.
- Use Net Promoter Score and other qualitative and quantitative assessments: use data about our offerings, packaging, pricing and customer touchpoints to continuously improve across all touchpoints.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelors of Science or Arts, preferably in marketing, business administration, commerce, or engineering
- 2+ years of product marketing experience, preferably in cloud-based software
- Can translate complex technical capabilities and solutions into meaningful stories that users and advocates can understand and easily share with broader, non-technical audiences
- Lives and breathes the customer experience, and embodies a buyer-centric approach to all aspects of marketing and business.
- Ability to implement with excellence, and improve both process and outcomes through continuous learning
- Ability to influence cross-functional peers and leadership to build consensus and action, and is particularly adept at using data analysis to tell stories that resonate with them in their language.
- Ability to represent their brand in public venues (events, client meetings, online, etc.). Experience in direct client relationship management a plus.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2+ years of product marketing experience, preferably in cloud-based software or marketing technology
- Experience as a marketing/digital marketing professional
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience with pragmatic and agile marketing methodologies
- Experience working on global marketing initiatives
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top