Critical Incident Manager
IBM Global Business Services: Join a Leader. Consult with us.
IBM Global Business Services has more than 60,000 professionals in over 50 countries worldwide. With a strong focus on results, we enable clients to leverage technology and information to improve performance and create sustainable competitive advantages. We will deliver innovative business consulting, business process design, systems integration, and application design and management to leading sector organizations in 17 industries worldwide. With access to resources that only a global leader can provide, you will learn valuable skills, gain access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals, and enjoy unparalleled career, training, and educational opportunities. We are proud of our talented team, our respected reputation, and our outstanding results.
The Critical Incident Manager is a client-facing role. You will be responsible for working with application and infrastructure specialists in the definition and implementation of a plan to resolve production incidents. You will be working directly with client to resolve mission critical issues/problems as they arise. Both resolution time and resolution quality are critical to minimizing the impact of the production incident. Training will be provided to obtain a high-level understanding of the processing environment and the critical incident management process utilized.
- Define and lead a 'fit for purpose' team in problem analysis and corrective action development, testing and implementation while continuing to provide ongoing management status reporting;
- Will provide technical direction and control of IBM Support Personnel as well as provide a framework for project planning, communications, reporting, procedural and contractual activity.
- Review the SOW and the contractual responsibilities of IBM and the Client;
- Serve as the point of contact to during the execution of the SOW;
- Coordinate the establishment of the project management environment, including reporting tools, monthly reports and governance/ communication protocols;
- Review project tasks, schedules, and resources and make changes or additions, as appropriate;
- Measure and evaluate progress against IBM project plans, if applicable, with the Client Service Delivery Manager;
- Monitor and manage all SLAs so no penalties are incurred;
- Establish documentation and procedural standards for deliverable Materials;
- Administer the Project Change Control Procedure in conjunction with the Client Service Delivery Manager;
- Monitor resolution of Service Incidents; Be available 7x24 to be involved with outages to manage communications and escalation with vendors. Outages can be full (resolution 4 hours) or partial (resolution 16 hours)
- Perform problem management, and maintain and communicate escalation procedures;
- Track Service Incidents and Service Requests for analysis and reporting;
- Maintain project communications through the Client Service Delivery Manager;
- Conduct regular monthly status meetings with the Client Service Delivery Manager;
- Create and deliver monthly status reports;
- Resolve deviations in the SOW in conjunction with Client Service Delivery Manager;
- Coordinate and manage the in-scope activities of IBM Support Personnel;
- Meet Client Service Management requirements such as production change management, release management, and outage management;
- Monitor Pay Per Use licensing and report to vendor overages and invoice client for overages;
- Manage DS&P activities, site inspections, etc.
- Must be a problem solver with strong analytical skills and have the ability to quickly assess/understand the application environment and processing where the problem is occurring;
- Experience with financial, business, operations and support;
- Broad application knowledge with Windows, AIX and Mainframe platforms/application;
- Excellent communication (written, verbal) with client/vendor;
- Deep analytical skills, process adherence;
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple technical team members;
- Experience with batch processing and subsequent incident resolution;
- Secondary Skill: Development background;
- Self-driven, client facing savvy, strong reporting competencies;
- Experience with operational services delivery for a support environment;
- Mandatory Project Manager experience of at least 5 years, which would include:
- managing resources, scope, prioritization, and work plan
- managing project risks and issues
- Strong client relationship management;
- Strong skills in oral and written communication and ability to work independently and within teams;
- Experience managing remote/offshore teams;
- Proven ability to manage customers and relationships;
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills working with project teams and clients;
- Ability to work closely with process owners and other key stakeholders to communicate the progress of projects;
- Large team management experience;
- Effective time manager.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- See Job Description
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Must be able to perform with confidence and maintain composure during stressful situations and be able to consistently deliver concise fact-based communications.
- A background in banking, real time and batch processing environments and production support would be an asset;
- Contact Center Solutions;
- Banking industry exposure;
- PMP Certification;
- MS Project;
- MS Office;
- Lotus Notes.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top