Country Security Operations Manager
Roles and Responsibilities:
The IBM Malaysia Country Security Operations Manager is directly responsible for implementing risk assessment, physical security, information protection, investigations, and emergency management programs identified in the IBM Corporate Security Manual and IBM Legal Instruction 110, the IBM Security Program, Legal Instruction 108, The Emergency Planning Program and Legal Instruction 118, Legal Investigations in the countries of Malaysia and Brunei.
The IBM Malaysia Country Security Operations Manager reports directly to ASEAN Security Manager and to IBM Malaysia Country Legal Counsel.
- Align security and emergency programs with IBM Malaysia Business Objectives.
- Manage the integrated security organization in the Malaysia and assist in ensuring that standardized security processes; full implementation of Corporate Security implemented tools and programs and eliminating non-core mission activities.
- Ensure that all probable and one time high consequence risks to IBM Malaysia business operations are identified and mitigating measures implemented to reduce risk.
- Ensure that IBM Malaysia facilities meet established IBM Corporate Security Manual (SECMAN) requirements and oversee the management of all IBM Corporate Security Databases and oversee the effectiveness of the MSA and Security Business Controls mechanisms.
- Ensure that the IBM Malaysia is properly accomplishing incident, CMT and hotline reporting and that incident and other investigative reports are proper in format and terminology as established by the Corporate HQ.
- Manage client security programs through delivery teams to ensure that contracted security requirements are properly implemented and to assist delivery teams with client audits of customer areas. This also includes Strategic Outsourcing engagements.
- Participate in liaison with external bodies, including law enforcement, government, and other companies' security functions, and continue to build and promote personal contacts with the authorities to maximize our preparedness against possible external threats.
- Provide investigative advice and participate in major case investigations as required.
- Maintain regular liaison with other IBM entities involved with investigations, to include, HR, Internal Audit, AP and Corporate IBM Security Investigative teams.
- Support audit programs for external and internal IBM clients.
- Oversea the Executive Protection Program for IBM Malaysia.
- Oversea the IBM Malaysia Country Security and Emergency Planning Awareness Programs.
- Keep the ASEAN Security Manager, AP Security Director, IBM Security Corporate Headquarters and local executive management advised of risk, security and emergency management issues that could impact on IBM Malaysia business operations.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- minimum of 8 years experience in corporate security operations which includes risk assessment, physical security, information protection, investigations, and emergency management programs
- good experience in security audit and compliance
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Peter M.Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top