Corporate Citizenship Country Lead
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
Experienced professional with a sound knowledge of corporate citizenship and public affairs matters and trends and their implications for IBM's core business operations.
Responsible for managing a broad range of Corporate Social Responsibilities issues which require contact with multiple government representatives, business partners and providers, not-for-profit and educational institutions and existing and potential IBM Clients. Works with the senior management team and provides leadership in the development of local relevant strategies and action plans, in line with the global IBM Citizenship goals, IBM China priorities and national agenda to address these issues.
Focal point for IBM's Corporate Citizenship activities in geography. Supports key business leaders in China. Builds and maintains quality relationships with all key stakeholders. Has a deep understanding of the IBM Brand, Corporate Character, IBM values, and IBM key innovative technologies to execute business strategy.
Implements strategies through direct interaction with multiple stakeholders as mentioned above. Demonstrates thought leadership in developing successful Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives. These may impact education, health, environment, and community economic development etc. to address specific societal issues.
Demonstrates to media that IBM is a unique and innovative corporate citizen.
Drives budget and expenses with full achievement of planned targets and results.
Teams with IBM Corporate Citizenship global team to demonstrate IBM's globally integrated enterprise and exemplary corporate citizenship.
- Extensive knowledge of CSR, the public policy and specified regulatory processes and government operations at the national and regional level.
- Understands IBM's business needs and how to advance them within the CSR, public policy and regulatory arenas. Works with counterparts in other corporations and associations in achieving these ends.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills. Frequently interacts with IBM senior management team at country levels, and has extensive external contacts with government and non-goverment officials, associations and other corporations.
- Persuasive communicator capable of developing a consensus among divergent views on CSR and public policy issues which are consistent with IBM interests. Ability to handle detailed and multifaceted discussions and negotiations with ease.
3) Problem Solving:
- Has an excellent strategic and systemic forward thinking capacity. Understands the key trends and strengths in Corporate Social Responsibility. Demonstrates ability to fully identify and take into consideration societal and economic evolutions that have to be considered to meet IBM's current and future business needs.
- Has outstanding expertise and insight by incorporating and seeking external opinions/advice. Demonstrates ability to transform intelligence and understanding into a set of innovative actions, taking advantage of forecast evolutions and trends.
- Leads action plans and solutions that seek to improve IBM's operating environment. Assesses opportunities, impacts and risks. Leads strategies and action plans to address issues and implements plans both internally and externally.
- Innovates when approaching complex business problems.
- Recognized as an expert on trends and strengths in Corporate Social Responsibility, public policy, specified regulations, and government and non-government relations within IBM.
- Serves as a cross-functional team leader in developing strategy and action plans to address key issues.
- Collaborate with the rest of IBM Marketing and Communications to build integrated strategy and plans to support IBM China key priorities.
5) Impact on Business/Scope:
- Incumbent's leadership and talent has a significant impact on IBM's ability to operate with the maximum flexibility and the fewest impediments possible by effecting changes in public bodies, international organizations and government policies, relations and regulations.
- Drives Corporate Citizenship strategies and activities involving multi-functional teams and high level executives both within and outside the company.
- Is a key contributor in significant areas of expertise, such as education, health or resilient community, and a thought leader in anticipated societal trends and matters.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top