Control Systems Cybersecurity Consultant
IBM Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the high-reaching edge in the cognitive era.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The control systems cybersecurity consultant will support the Air Force Civil Engineers' Brigadier General, Senior Executive and Chief Financial Officer.
Through various roles, this team plays a vital role in enabling the Air Force Civil Engineers to continue successful execution of their critical mission.
- Develop and review civil engineering control systems cybersecurity strategy, policy and oversight deliverables (40%)
- Facilitate meetings and working sessions with policy makers and cybersecurity subject matter experts (30%)
- Provide strategic and technical guidance; develop and recommend future cyber requirements (10%)
- Provide thought leadership and develop innovative control systems cybersecurity initiatives (10%)
- Review & evaluate cyber capabilities, ID gaps and ensure compliance with Federal, DOD, and AF policy (10%)
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Mentorship. 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, mentorship and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in you, our workforce, through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding your dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career dreams
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 1) Direct cybersecurity working experience (security controls, assessments, architecture, networking, etc.) (4+ years)
- 2) Security clearance: DoD Top Secret (SCI eligible) and NATO Secret eligible
- 3) Cybersecurity strategy / policy / governance and oversight knowledge skills and abilities (4+ years)
- 4) Analytical, problem solving, and time management skills (4+ years)
- 5 ) Engineering, computer science, or facilities management degree
- 6) Industry Information Assurance certification (A+, Security+, CCNA, CISSP, etc.)
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top