Contracts Engagement Advisor - Federal
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
Our Contracts and Negotiation service line has an excellent opportunity for a federal government contract professional to join a team of trusted advisors to IBM's federal leaders. The Contract Engagement Advisor will serve as a business advisor to our federal business providing advice and counsel selling IBM products and services to clients.
Location: DC Metro area, VA, or MD
- Contractual advisor during the contract lifecycle, to include: pre-award (NDAs and teaming agreements, RFP reviews, development of proposal responses and negotiation strategies), and post award contract administration
- Lead the development and negotiation of terms & conditions
- Create well-structured deals that meet IBM's financial/client goals
- Serve as focal point interacting with client contracting officials throughout the contract lifecycle Advising clients on the optimal way to structure transactions within IBM's delivery frame work and identify key deal points which affect revenue recognition; key elements require modifying customer documents & standard agreements, drafting agreements and engaging in direct negotiations with customers
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Two (2) to seven (7) yrs experience working in a corporate environment in IT or related field
• Public sector experience preferred
• PMO or equivalent experience preferred
• Experience working in the Pre-award and post award contract phases, desired
• Basic u nderstanding of federal procurement process and practices, desired
• Basic knowledge of contracts or subcontracts, preferred
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge of Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR)
- Experience with both Cost Reimbursable and Firm Fixed Price Contracts
- J.D. degree will be considered
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top