Contract & Negotiations Professional
You'll be part of an innovative team that strives to make the world work better. And you'll help our clients visualize a future they did not think possible.
IBM's Contract & Negotiations Professional is a position where you will provide sound, and well reasoned commercial and contract guidance to the businesses and other internal functions based upon established policies, guidelines, and professional judgement. You will participate in or lead significant and complex negotiations of services contracts, preparing all required contractual documentation and ensuring compliance with established contracting policies, practices and delegations.
It requires the ability to develop demonstrated working relationships with key internal stakeholders as well as with IBM's customers and their third party advisors, and the ability to communicate effectively and negotiate with all levels (professional to executive) of internal and external clients.
On international contracts the role will require interfacing with teams in other countries and ensuring the agreement accurately reflects IBM's capabilities in all countries within scope.
The ideal candidate will be a detail oriented, self motivated, and creative thinking individual with well-developed oral and written communication skills.
Regular responsibilities include:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex services agreements
- Assisting with the development of responses to requests for proposals
- Identifying and mitigating issues and risks
- Assisting with the resolution of contract related disputes
- Coordinating with other company functions (e.g., Legal, Risk, Tax and Accounting) to ensure compliance with company policies
- Ability to analyze and interprets basic financial data and business concepts and assesses the impact of alternative courses of action
Join IBM. Make an Impact.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 years experience in contracts work
- At least 2 years negotiating within our industry or equivalent.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 5 years experience in contracts negotiation
- At least 5 years experience in Information Technology transactional support and/or legal and business interpretation of general services scope and contracts
- At least 2 years experience in outsourcing agreements
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top