Continuous Application Modernization Consultant
- Chicago, IL
IBM Application Consultants work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive adoption of change. We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for analyzing and assessing existing client application portfolios; shape and deliver appropriate modernization pattern-based solutions including the creation of client modernization roadmaps. Work with the client's IT team to move existing workloads and applications to the target Cloud environment(s) by gathering application portfolio data.
- Apply knowledge to data gathered to define transformation paths for the client's application portfolio
- Apply insights to modernize application portfolio to leverage cloud capabilities including: assess the current application portfolio, conducting cloud readiness assessment
- Identify modernization opportunities, building an Application Modernization Roadmap
- Analyze and assess existing client application portfolios
- Shape and deliver appropriate modernization pattern-based solutions including the creation of client modernization roadmaps
- Modernize enterprise business applications to use Containers, Container Orchestration Platforms, Micro-Services, and DevOps
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience as an Architect using consulting skills to aid clients in building an Application Modernization Roadmap
- Experience in evaluating application portfolios using analytics and data
- Experience in DevOps, Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment, Containerization and Container Management
- Experience developing and implementing solutions using Public Cloud Technologies
- Experience with Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker Enterprise and Cloud Foundry
- Experience in Digital transformation technical domains (e.g. microservices, containers, cloud native development, API management etc)
- Experience in Database migration and modernization; Data Transformation
- Certification in any of the Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, RedHat OpenShift
- Experience advising clients on the impact of technology on application portfolio
- Experience migrating and modernizing data bases
- Located in either the Dallas, Chicago, NYC, Atlanta or SF Bay area
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top