Content Designer ( Poughkeepsie NY)
This position is located in Poughkeepsie, NY
We are looking for an articulate content designer to join our team of designers, developers, and offering managers. You'll be part of a dynamic, dedicated team that creates technical information, help systems, interface text, and other user assistance for IBM's Hardware and Software products. Using IBM Design Thinking practices, we bring a human-centered approach to our work. We:
- Play a critical role in helping internal and external audiences understand concepts and technologies across IBM's product portfolio.
- Understand users, develop personas, and deliver well-crafted content and solutions to meet their needs.
- Develop different types technical content including papers, presentations, and blog posts in different delivery formats (digital, web, mobile, video, print).
Our new content designer will play a key role in expanding our content and collateral, and will have the opportunity to work closely with IBM subject matter experts from around the world.
Communicates complex information clearly, concisely, consistently and accurately.
Learns and applies the keys and principles of IBM Design Thinking.
Develops content and story narratives alongside a content strategy leader, designer, and other subject matter experts.
Engages with stakeholders to ensure needs and expectations are being met.
Work effectively in an open environment where creativity and collaboration are welcome and encouraged.
A bachelor's degree in Cognitive, Design, IT, or related field.
Strong understanding of usability and user centered design practices.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail.
Self-starter and quick learner.
Programming/scripting experience is a plus (knowledge of XML tools and XML / DITA editors like Oxygen Author).
Understanding of programming concepts and programming languages is a plus including Python, PHP, C, C++.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- A bachelor's degree in Cognitive, Design, IT, or related field.
- Strong understanding of usability and user centered design practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail.
- Self-starter and quick learner.
- Programming/scripting experience is a plus (knowledge of XML tools and XML / DITA editors like Oxygen Author).
- Understanding of programming concepts and programming languages is a plus including Python, PHP, C, C++.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Excellent creative, conceptual, communication and problem solving skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Able to produce, concise and convincing writing with grammatical and material accuracy.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top