Consultant - Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
The consultants in the Benelux Security Services Practice are advisors and management consultants who can speak about the entire security landscape with a client's senior management or executive team. The consultants should have depth of knowledge and experience in core security domains SOC Enablement/Operations & SIEM; and should be able to speak across the landscape as well. The consultants will provide subject matter expertise in the form of briefings, workshops, and/or consulting engagements within their domain that assess a client's security capabilities as well as recommending solutions to enhance a client's overall security capabilities. Such client security capabilities may involve policy, process, technology, or organizational areas. Consultants will identify gaps in the current environment and recommend best practices or solutions to reduce client risk and increase their ability to deal with emerging threats and risks to the organization.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to guide groups and be a primary facilitator
- Strong writing skills
- Comfortable working in a project based / client serving model
- Ability to shape client expectations
- Drive client pursuits and engage in complex deals
- Ability to work with global and diverse teams in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work in a matrix management model
Security Domain Skills
- Depth of knowledge of the core security domain: SOC Enablement & Operations; SIEM
- An understand of contemporary and legacy security technologies used within the particular domain SIEM
- Product knowledge of SIEM : Qradar, ArcSight, ....
- Basic understanding of compliance issues (ISO 27001, SSAE 16, COBIT)
The successful consultant will be an internal advisor to other IBM consultants and to clients. The consultant will assist in pre-sales, sales, deal closure, and the delivery of security consulting services.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- SIEM product knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years' experience in management consulting and systems integration or Managed Security Services in a top tier professional services firm
- At least 3 years' experience working in projects related to the core domain
- Experience working across diverse teams to facilitate solutions
- Experience working with Security practitioners
- Readiness for customer related travel 35% inside IMT
- NL : Fluency in Dutch & English
- BE + LUX : Fluency in English and Dutch/French
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Master's Degree
- Secondary language
- At least 3 years' experience in working with security consulting teams
- At least 1 years' experience in working in international deployment roles
- At least 8 years' experience in management consulting
- CISPP, CISM certification
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top