Consultant, Cloud Modernization & Migration - Toronto
We live in an amazing time of technological enablement. The convergence of social, mobile, cloud, big data analytics and cognitive computing drives clients to redefine their enterprise agenda. Enterprises of all sizes are looking to cloud technologies and services to improve speed and efficiency in deploying and delivering solutions for their businesses. Leveraging cloud technologies and solutions is a driving force across the industry.
Around the world, IBMers' expertise in advanced research, cognitive computing, information analytics and cloud-based solution integration helps clients envision the future and succeed. What services and solutions drive performance for clients and enables a better world is also a great opportunity for you. Cloud computing is changing the landscape of technology solutions for all companies and the transition needs to managed and executed effectively to realize the benefits.
IBM's Cloud Application Migration Services (CAMS) Service Line is focused on supporting clients on their Cloud journey.
It encompasses Advisory, Cloud native development, App portfolio migration and modernization, Big Data, and Security services.
- It supports all public / private / hybrid Cloud deployments: IBM Bluemix / SoftLayer, AWS, Azure, Google, and client private.
- It has the best Cloud developer, architect, Complex SI, Sys Ops, and delivery talent delivered through our GEO/CIC Factory model.
We are looking for a Cloud Migration/Modernization Consultant to join our Migration Practice.
You will be responsible for defining and implementing application cloud migration, modernization and rationalization solutions for clients across all sectors. You will support mobilization and help to oversee the quality of our programs and services, liaise with clients and provide expert consulting services.
You will also...
- Create cloud migration strategies; designing solutions, creating the migration plans, designing the orchestration plans, and more
- Lead in creating and executing of migration run books
- Determine source cloud (Physical, Virtual and Cloud) and target Workloads
- Capture and define migration requirements
- Use troubleshooting skills and work closely with operations, support, and/or other functions to ensure successful migrations.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Business consulting, delivery excellence, financial management, offering experience, and industry knowledge
- Demonstrable experience of migration projects.
- Strong problem-solving skills - the ability to overcome day-to-day issues in pursuit of the end goal.
- First-class communication skills - an ability to engage persuasively with senior stakeholders both inside IBM and with clients.
- Excellent team-working skills.
- Experience with public / private / hybrid Cloud deployments: AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud, Google, and IBM Cloud Private.
- Experience with data centers consolidation, relocation, migration, or virtualization projects.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience of planning and executing application portfolio migrations.
- Ability to perform infrastructure and application discovery and assessments.
- Ability to lead the definition of the migration solution, drawing on specialist technical resources where required.
- Experience of different migration cutover strategies, and how these can be applied to complex customer landscapes.
- Familiarity with functional operations of server, storage, and network functions.
- Data Centre/Server Operational Components (Monitoring, Management, etc.).
- Experience with discovery tooling (e.g. TADDM, ALDM) and migration tooling (e.g. Platespin, SCOPE, ...).
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Peter M.Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top