Consultant by Degree
IBM is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyse. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation so there is no better place to launch your career.
Our Consulting arm, Global Business Services (GBS), has a number of exciting graduate openings for 2018 on the Consulting by Degree Program:
Digital Experience Designers and Developers
We think bigger than an agency, with the power to integrate the whole system. We are IBM Interactive Experience. We need talented and motivated designers and developers to join an era of design-led innovation at one of the largest software companies in the world.
- Deliver digital solutions: the hand coding of web-based applications, web pages, emails, and mobile experiences.
- Integrate your code with other technologies (Web Services, client back-end systems, content management systems, etc.)
- Optimise performance of applications.
- Apply IBM Design Thinking and methods to uncover user and business requirements in the context of the technical landscape.
- Design validation sessions and playbacks
- Create prototypes to test hypothesis and iterate to develop the exploration of a concept.
- Work across offerings in Digital commerce, mobile and web app development, digital marketing and content management, Salesforce, UX / UI design and experience led Design Thinking
We are seeking motivated graduates who can listen to customers, help define a cognitive vision and roadmap, and participate in the implementation of the solutions.
- Participate in Design Thinking workshops with clients, and be able to accurately document outcomes (including compelling visual diagrams and infographics)
- Engage with subject matter experts to translate customers' problems and pain points in to a high level future state vision
- Work within a team environment to develop innovative solutions
- Leverage IBM Watson cognitive capabilities
Our best in industry consultants collaborate with blue chip clients and the world's leading software vendors to provide cutting edge solutions. After your initial training you will be deployed to our client projects in a variety of industries gaining invaluable hands on experience as you build you technology career with IBM.
Our technical consultants include:-
- Enterprise architects who work alongside clients team to assess existing end to end architecture with a view to move to best in class and fleet modernization.
- Robotics Process engineers who can help our clients realize efficiencies and reduce human error rates through technology automation using tools such as Blue Prism.
- Big Data specialists helping organizations move to become data-centric enterprises.
- Cognitive specialists in growth areas such as machine learning, advanced analytics and data lakes leveraging the latest technologies such as IBM Watson.
- Cloud architects who can advise on building cloud native applications using the latest technologies in areas such as API/Microservices and Devops.
- Cloud migration experts who assist clients with their cloud journey moving to cloud platforms such as IBM Cloud, Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
- Cloud strategy and advisory experts who are 'first in door' advising client teams on their end to end cloud journey before any migration executive begins.
Our GBS graduates are part of the 2-year Consulting by Degrees program; IBM's global graduate leadership and development program designed for graduates who are passionate about building a career in consulting. You will be given the opportunity to experience different clients and job roles within GBS throughout your 2-year program.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred areas of study / experience: Communication Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Computer Science/ Software Engineering
Preferred areas of study / experience: Business and Economics, and students from other faculties who can demonstrate their drive and passion to help customers realise the benefits of implementing cognitive solutions, are encouraged to apply.
Preferred areas of study / experience: Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Science
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top