Compute Support Engineer [IBM Japan_Cloud]
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Compute Advanced Customer Support team is seeking cloud support engineers with strong technical background that enjoy solving problems and working with customers. As IBM Cloud's technical support organization, qualified candidates will have a passion for helping customers with a determination to improve the overall client experience by quickly identifying and resolving problems.
The Compute Cloud Support Engineer role provides technical support to clients of our infrastructure based offerings and services. The role requires excellent collaboration with team members, other IT organizations, key stakeholders and business partners to meet the needs of the business as well as that of our customers.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot issues reported by IBM Cloud customers.
• Effectively communicate with customers and partners via phone, chat and case regarding technical issues.
• Document and track customer cases from start to finish ensuring customer expectations are properly managed and that technical issues are resolved to the customer's satisfaction.
• Work with engineering, operations, and management to diagnose and resolve critical issues.
• Use acquired knowledge to suggest, edit, and write in-depth Knowledge Base articles.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 5+ years experience working directly with customers.
• 5+ years experience working in the cloud computing industry with a focus around compute and infrastructure services.
• 5+ years experience troubleshooting complex issues using problem determination and best practices.
• 5+ years leading and mentoring teams.
• Bachelor's degree in Networking, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical/Computer Engineering or a similar field.
• Japanese ability (native-level)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Expert level experience in one or more of these specialized areas:
- Expert level industry and vendor certifications related to infrastructure offerings
- Virtualization products such as VMWare, Citrix XenServer, Hyper-V, etc.
- Provisioning, storage concepts, Web servers, Web hosting control panels, system administration.
- Hardware Security Modules.
- Windows Server 2016+
- Advanced Troubleshooting of OS and Roles
- Active Directory
- Linux (CentOS/RedHat,Ubuntu/Debian)
特に今後多くのニーズが発生すると想定されているVPC (Virtual Private Cloud）関連のスキルの習得が可能なポジションです。
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
ShuDon B.Data Analyst, Project Management, RPA Specialist
As a member of the shared services team, ShuDon works on internal improvement through Robotic Process Automation. She supports her teammates by finding process solutions to make their workflow more efficient through automation.
Back to top