Compliance Engineer, IBM Security, Cork
The global cost of cyber-crime is expected to reach over 2 trillion dollars by 2019. At IBM Security, our mission is to protect our clients from various attacks including malware, identity thief, fraud etc. IBM® Security delivers an integrated system of analytics, real-time defences and proven experts. IBM Security uses VMware as the backbone for its underlying server infrastructure to provide high availability, scalability, and performance to meet the goals of the IBM Security mission.
What is your job?
As a Compliance Engineer, you will work as part of a team responsible for deploying, supporting and reporting on security solutions designed to achieve corporate and regulatory compliance across multiple IBM Security products.
- Experience working in a compliance role in a SaaS organization
- Deep knowledge of security auditing and compliance tools such as Nessus, BigFix, etc.
- Assist in security audits performed by third parties and working knowledge of ISO27001 standards
- Help design and work within security architecture of DevOps life cycle to operations and management teams
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in Dev, Test and Production environments.
- Engage other business units to drive deployment and maintenance initiatives.
- Collaborate with other teams to identify areas of need or improvement opportunities
- Utilize scripting tools to streamline deployment, configuration and compliance activities
- Participate in a weekly on-call rotation for system support
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Solid understanding of agile software development life cycle, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- A willingness and aptitude for learning new skills
- Plus some of
- Understanding of server virtualization concepts
- Experience with VMware or other server virtualization technologies
- Experience working with high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems and cloud environments.
- Knowledge of related technologies including encryption, IPsec, VLANs, VPNs, routing, firewalls, proxy services, LAN/WAN connectivity
- Ability to work for one of the most advanced cybersecurity companies in the world
- Gain valuable hands-on experience with a path to technical certification
- Work in a team-oriented environment
- Work with a globally-distributed and international team
- One of the worlds most trusted brands.
- Opportunities for personal growth and charitable giving, such as the joining the IBM OnDemand Community and the IBM Corporate Service Corps
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top