Complex Project Manager - Workday
At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team's overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
- This Role leads Client and IBM Teams in unstructured environments to Successful Engagement conclusion.
- Overall Responsibility Includes Interpreting Policies/Practices, Identifying/Satisfying Resource needs and ensuring echievement of business and engagement goals. Decisions can influence client plans, schedules and overall client satisfaction.
- Forms an appropriate team and manages project, preparing work plans, managing workload, tracking schedules, communicating status, and leading client negotiations, Resulting in a successful engagement conclusion meeting the client satisfaction and profitability objectives.
- The Individual perform end-of-engagement Shutdown, including completing end-of-engagement assessments, collecting client satisfaction Reports, Etc. with An eye towards starburst Opportunities.
- The individual is the "Face Of IBM" to many/most of the client personnel associated with the engagement. He / She leads / influences the Functional Strategy, Data Migration, Integrations/Interfaces, Testing, Change Management, Deployment, Go Live and Post Go Live strategies leading to Warranty / Performance Guarantee phases.
- Construct partnerships between Clients, Team IBM, Vendors, And Subcontractor Organizations and manages the Implementation of these partnerships to address business opportunities for the IBM Corporation.
- The individual must have equally balanced Skills In five key General Management areas of Client Relationship Management, Consultative Selling, Financial / Business Management, Portfolio / Program Management and Team / People Management.
- Be the primary focal point and owner for all activities on a Large Complex Contract. Accountable for meeting Revenue, Profit, and Growth Objectives and for improving overall customer satisfaction targets.
- Responsible to build and maintain strong Client Relationships at all levels with the objective of being a Trusted Business Partner. Proactively work with Client to identify their Business Objectives, Priorities and Directions, Critical Success Factors and applies this knowledge to establish and implement an account strategy.
- Translate Customer Requirements into Formal Agreements, Establishing Specific Solutions, and leading the efforts that culminate in client acceptance of the results. Overall responsibility for Contractual Cost, Schedule, and Contractual Deliverables.
- The individual manages IBM Resources and coordinates client resources to deliver services and solutions to support the Client Organization.
- The individual leads a Functional/Business, Data, Integration, Testing & Deploy work streams of the implementation.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration / Information Technology / Computer Science.
- Minimum 15 years of increasingly responsible experience, with at least five years of managing increasingly complex projects in a technical environment. Able to work effectively and efficiently toward goals in a complex, diverse environment with multiple and changing demands. Known for effective leadership of staff. Passion for client satisfaction.
- Managed 3-4 Large Workday Projects as Workday Project Manager.
- At least worked as Workday Functional Consultant for 3-4 projects.
- Certified Workday Engagement Manager, Project Management, Workday Functional Consultant
- Deep knowledge of principles, practices and theories in own professional discipline. May have knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
- Outstanding record of project management success, both in results achieved and in use of professional methodology. Pro-active in developing and implementing strategies that significantly mitigate risk.
- Analyze Complex/new situations, anticipate potential problems and future trends, and assess opportunities, impacts and risks. Develop and implement Solutions.
- Influences people and organizations, including Executive Management, when issues are complex/difficult and require considerable diplomacy.
- Identifies, develops, and initiates innovations and solutions where precedents and procedures may not exist. Works cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes.
- Considerable latitude in responsibilities to define and decide on Tools, Processes, Priorities and Resources.
- Advanced MS Excel (formulas, pivot tables, v lookups) and MS office skills
- Possess clear and effective communication skills
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top