Complex Project Manager (Cloud Application)
Large Complex Project Manager - System Integration
The Complex Project Manager is responsible for successful delivery of IBM's largest and most complex System Integration and Migration / Modernization client commitments. Individuals within this specialty and skill set manage client engagements, ensuring delivery of solutions for complex IT, business and client requirements. This specialty is responsible for leading a project team in delivering a solution to the client with overall performance responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverables, which includes applying techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management. They are responsible for managing all project resources, including Global Delivery resources, vendors and subcontractors, and for establishing an effective communication plan with the project team and the client. They provide day to day direction to the project team and regular project status to the client.
Minimum requirements for successful candidates would include:
Leadership: Demonstrate passion for the business, client insight, breakthrough thinking, drive to achieve, team leadership, teamwork, decisiveness, building organizational capabilities, developing talent, and personal dedication
Project / Business Leadership: Successfully managed large multidisciplinary teams: $5M to $10M in size, 20,000 hours (3,000 hours), 50+ people. Must be a recognized positive influence among teammates and have a proven ability to lead others. The successful candidate will have demonstrated +8 years' experience managing Complex System Integration implementations involving working with distributed Agile delivery teams over multiple geographies
- Strong communication, analytical skills and a customer service orientation
- Extensive project management experience and proven skill to ensure that project objectives and goals are met within agreed upon time, scope, resource, budget and quality requirements
- Supports the financial performance of assigned business areas.
- Report and communicate project successes, risks, and status to leadership and stakeholders
- Enforces compliance of project management methodology and deliverables
- Experience directing the work of others and coordinate diverse cross functional teams and Global Delivery Teams - India, China, etc
- Facilitate discussions, conduct meetings and drive initiatives and issues to conclusion
- Consult with stakeholders to gather and document requirements and specifications for solutions and enhancements
- Ability to quickly comprehend requirements and transform them into project tasks/deliverables
- Ability to multi-task and support multiple priorities / multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Drives the execution of standard processes and controls to protect company assets
- Oversees month-end closing activities, reconciliations, Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) compliance, and audit findings for assigned areas of responsibility
- Communicate project plans and routine updates on project status and issues/risks to the project team, stakeholders and management utilizing project planning tools such as MS Project and other project tracking utilities.
- Ability to establish effective professional working relationships
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Manage vendor relationships - manage supplier/partner contracts, manage day-to-day relationships
- Ability to create a variety of documentation and communications
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Will require flexibility on non-standard work hours as required depending upon projects/demands
- Proven track record of managed delivery with consistent timeliness and quality outcomes
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 6 years experience as a Complex SI Project Management Professional
- At least 5 years experience in managing custom application development projects
- At least 5 years experience in managing multi-vendor and complex systems integration projects, working in a distributed team environment, managing offshore teams with demonstrable outcome
- At least 3 years experience in Agile PM Methods
- At least 2 years experience in experience in managing complex Program Management Financials and Contracting
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 1 year experience with Cloud Migration Services
- At least 1 year experience with Application Modernization
- At least 1 year experience with Hybrid Cloud Service Management
- At least 1 year experience managing integrated test and QA projects
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top