Commercial Client Representative Sales
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Key expert on the customer - knows everything about the customer's business, strategy and research needs, budgets, competitive products at the customer. Able to translate this knowledge into the implications for the holistic IBM value proposition and the solutions we offer
- Execute against the strategic account plan, driving active engagement with important IBM partners and influencers. Maintain and build relationships and improve customer Satisfaction
- Own all books of opportunities across all offerings of IBM by building relationships with customers in the territory assigned
- Build and maintain relationships with key decision makers in- and outside (e.g. government influencers) accounts; continue to expand relationships at current customers
- Build, maintain and share in-depth knowledge of customer and segment
- Stay abreast of developments in segment (country, industry, etc.) and share market insights with IBM Partners
- Relevant experience of leading complex solutions sale end to end in acquisition accounts. Good understanding of the industrial and distribution industry as well as captives.
- Responsible for achievement of new-sales, including expansion sales (upsell), revenue growth targets of portfolio directly and through indirect sales channel with primary focus on new client acquisition
- Develop a strong understanding of competitor landscape and be able to successfully position against these. Negotiate and close contracts for new sales. Responsible for Account and Segment management
- Responsible for strategic account planning, ensuring appropriate input from other partners, and focusing on the customers' business strategy
- Ensures alignment to deliver holistic to the customer, in line with the institution's strategic objectives
- Overall account stewardship: owns the overall institutional strategy and planning of the customer engagement plan
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Account management with sales of any one or all of the IBM strategic imperatives - Security, Cloud, AI, Cognitive
- Proven account management and consultative selling
- Ability to absorb professional knowledge quickly and develop industry skills
- Proficient in communicating with clients to understand their needs and explain product value
- Validated knowledge in building relationships with clients based on trust and respect
- Demonstrated experience to lead CXO relationship with a consultative approach while collaborating with internal departments to facilitate client need fulfilment
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data to learn more about consumer behaviour and keep accurate records pertaining to inventory and account notes
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Working knowledge in resolving complaints and preventing additional issues by improving processes and identify industry trends
- Acting as a client advocate with a focus on improving the buyer experience
- Proven experience in developing clients in West & West Up-country
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top