Cognitive Developer Trainee
Are you interested in newest technology like cognitive systems and machine learning? Are you eager to design and develop next generation IT systems? Do you like solving complex real-world business problems with hands-on approach? Would you like to be part of the global Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Computing breakthrough?
Yes to all - IBM is the place to start your career!
We're now looking for technical Cognitive Developers to be part of a consulting team that is helping clients to design and deliver innovative Cognitive Computing solutions based on IBM Watson. This is a great opportunity for you to learn and kickoff your career. You will work together with and learn from our Senior Consultants to provide advisory to our clients throughout project lifecycle from design to implementation.
We expect you to be:
- Be a Master's Degree Student in some relevant field of studies in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, IT Management or similar (preferably 12 months to complete your studies)
- H ave experience and/or relevant studies on one or multiple of the following areas: Solution Architecture, Software Development, IBM Watson or similar cognitive technologies such as such as machine learning, natural language processing, chat bots or speech/image recognition, Internet of Things solutions
You are also:
- Continuously interested to learn and develop yourself with a good technical and business aptitude
- Curious about technology and application development trends and like to challenge yourself by building applications
- Great in verbal and written communication (English and Finnish)
What we offer?
- Fixed term part-time contract with weekly working hours that are limited to 30 allowing you to finish your studies. Trainee period is generally 6-12 months but may be adjusted according to individual schedules.
- After trainee period and finalizing studies, possibility to continue with a regular full-time position where we invite you to join our Consulting by Degrees (CbD) program. Consulting by Degrees is 18-24 months IBM's global graduate leadership and development program designed for graduates who are passionate about building a career in consulting. https://www-935.ibm.com/services/careers/consulting-by-degrees/global/
If interested, please apply now, latest by 31.10.2018! You don't need to have prior work experience, but we would love to see some examples of your technical skills from GitHub for example. Please also include cover letter in your application.
We will fill in the positions, when suitable candidates found. If you did not find the match yet, please check our other open trainee positions.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Studies in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, IT Management or other relevant field
- Great Finnish and English language skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- E xperience and/or relevant studies on one or multiple of the following areas: Solution Architecture, Software Development, IBM Watson or similar cognitive technologies such as such as machine learning, natural language processing, chat bots or speech/image recognition, Internet of Things solutions
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top