Cognitive Business Decision Support - Associate Data Scientist
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients' data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it's investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
You uncover the stories hidden in data, and find patterns in the numbers. As an Associate Data Scientist, you'll put this skill to work to solve business problems by preparing, analyzing, and understanding data to deliver insight, predict emerging trends, and provide recommendations for better results. You'll use a variety of data (structured, unstructured, IoT streaming), analytics, AI tools, and programming languages often using a cloud infrastructure to handle the volume and veracity of data streams.
Armed with data, modeling expertise, and analytic results, as an Associate Data Scientist, you'll formulate conclusions and recommendations to stakeholders in an organization's leadership structure, leveraging strong consulting, communication, visualization, and storytelling skills.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• You're great at solving problems by looking at thing differently, debugging, troubleshooting, and designing & implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
• You thrive on teamwork and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong fundamentals in Mathematics and Computer Science (algorithms)
• You have strong technical and analytical abilities, a knack for driving impact and growth, and some experience with programming/scripting in a language such as Java or Python.
• You're proficient at least one of the statistical programming language such as R, Python, Scala or SAS, SPSS, Matlab.
• Basic understanding or experience with predictive/prescriptive modeling skills
• You have an interest in, understanding of, or experience with Design Thinking and Agile Development Methodologies
• You have a basic understanding of Cloud (AWS,Azure, etc)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Implement and validate predictive models as well as create and maintain statistical models with a focus on big data.
• You'll incorporate a variety of statistical and machine learning techniques
• Communicate with internal and external clients to understand and define business needs, providing analytical solutions.
• Use leading edge tools such as R Library, python, tensor-flow combined with IBM tools and our AI application suites
• Work in an Agile, collaborative environment, partnering with other scientists, engineers, consultants and database administrators of all backgrounds and disciplines to bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of predicting behaviors.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top