Cloudera Hadoop Developer
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
About IBM: IBM is a global technology and innovation company present in India since 1992. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with approximately 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, AI and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation. Our Culture: IBM is committed to crafting a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to your race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status
Business Unit Introduction : IBM Chief Information Office (CIO) Network Engineering team is working to transform their network services which can deliver to the demands of changing IT landscape. We are working in the areas of Hybrid Cloud connectivity, Network visibility (Monitoring, Analytics), Network service automation and network security and compliance. Our work is all about enabling IBM strategy by giving IBMers the modern network they need to do their work, be responsive to our clients, and to act with speed and agility. Our organization plays a key role in IBM's ability to turn vision into reality by making our network services simpler, more intuitive and more effective for our developers.
Who you are: As a Cloudera Hadoop Developer, you will be working closely with business owners and data analytics team to collect , store and process the data from global network infrastructure devices which can give insights to the anomalies in the network. This is a very prominent role as you are responsible for ensuring there is no roadblock to the smooth functioning of Hadoop framework. A complete knowledge of the hardware ecosystem and Hadoop Architecture is essential. Should be strong in system side and well versed in agile methodologies. Ability to demonstrated system administration support skills. They should have the ability to work collaboratively with distributed multi-geography, ad-hoc teams.
What you'll do: As a Cloudera Hadoop developer, you will have to
- Demonstrate ability to become a SME in managing and monitoring enterprise CDH clusters across multiple sites/geographies with high availability.
- Assess the storage utilization over a period of time and keep management informed about scaling up the infrastructure if it is needed.
- Make sure all the nodes in the CDH clusters are in compliance as per ITSS security guidelines and no due vulnerabilities are present.
- Evaluate research and external technologies through rapid Proof of Concepts with partners and customers
- Ability to generate ideas for new features through innovation and market / industry expertise
- Engage in cross-company solution development task forces
- Generate reusable assets, whitepapers, articles around standard methodologies of the Hadoop services
- You'll have access to all the technical training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from SMEs in the field
- You'll have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Horton-Works, Ambari and others.
- Expertise in Apache Spark and Scala programming.
- Install, configure and maintain enterprise Hadoop environment.
- Should have worked on CDH cluster deployment and worked on HDFS HA configuration.
- Experience with cluster version upgrade and ability to deploy new services in the CDH cluster using CSD method.
- Adding new users over time and discarding redundant users smoothly.
- Proficiency in Linux scripting (Shell/Python/Ansible).
- Maintain security and data privacy with Kerberos, knox and sentry.
- Experience in open-stack and various virtualization techniques.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP, data networks (LAN/WAN) and IP tables/firewalls.
- Self-starter, willing to learn.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Working knowledge of Impala, Solr and Hue.
- Preferred database knowledge of SQL, NoSQL, data warehousing & DBA.8
- Apply different HDFS formats and structure like Parquet, Avro, etc. to speed up analytics
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top