Cloud SSRC Architect - Europe Security Services, DACH (m/f)
In response to high demand seen by our DACH clients acting on range of market drivers to move to cloud-based deployments we are looking for an experienced cloud security architect to join the IBM Security Services Europe (DACH) team to enable clients as part of their multi-cloud deployments. This is expected to increasingly involve collaboration with IBM's other key business units, in particular: Global Technology Services (GTS), Global Business Services (GBS), IBM Cloud for example as part of a large move to cloud proposals or broader outsourcing arrangements.
As the primary focus of this role, candidates will be expected to design and implement security architectures (both "for cloud" and "in cloud") which will include the adoption of any native cloud security controls and non-native cloud security integrations, covering the full range of cloud service models within hybrid/multi-cloud environments. This includes IBMs own extended portfolio of hybrid cloud security offerings such as "Adaptive Cloud Security" in which successful candidates will receive valuable structured and on-the-job training and career development.
Candidates will also be expected to collaborate closely with other consultants within the various IBM sub-competencies, including the (Cloud) Security Strategy Risk and Compliance team to ensure that security architectures are designed in line with any cloud security strategy / roadmap that follows the client's security posture, with a particular focus on delivering continuous compliance.
Candidates will be expected to:
- Design and implement security architectures as part of client transformation projects that involve cloud deployments, to ensure that sustainable, risk-based security controls are adopted. These will include cloud native security services as well as traditional on-prem approaches, with the critical requirement of incorporating controls that optimise security and privacy by design while minimising impact to the organisation's mission and enabling any critical success factors for cloud migration (e.g. enabling digital transformation, enhancing service performance and elasticity, reducing Capex etc.).
- Assist in collaboratively designing right-sized security solutions for clients undergoing cloud migrations/transformations, as part of an engagement or pre-engagement design, bid and proposal activities.
Typical use cases will involve large outsourcing implementations or transformations that incorporate migration from on-premise services to various hybrid/multi-cloud environments.
Business Development and enablement (10%):
- Developing and marketing security collateral such as delivery frameworks, reference architectures and methodologies and other enablement material for IBM to use;
- Working with Europe solutions teams and the broader architecture communities across local Markets to drive deals that relate to cloud security transformation;
- Educating the security services and seller communities within the DACH (and other) markets to enhance their understanding of Cloud Security / Cloud SSRC capabilities, offerings, client references and experiences;
- Acting as a senior thought leader in cloud security Architecture and SSRC domains externally in marketing events and industry conferences;
- Working closely with the global, regional and local solution design teams to develop client proposals and SOWs and presenting to key client stakeholders / executives, including C-suite and the Board;
Practice Development (5%)
- Providing global practice leadership by facilitating a community of like-minded practitioners to share and exchange ideas for practice growth and improvement
- Contribute content and advice to the offering development process
- Help shape the emerging model of the regionals Security practice
- Help establish capability and skills models for the core domain
- Become a role model for European and global practitioners in the core domain
- Be a focal point to interview as part of practice building
- Projects will be based often on client premises, so the ability and willingness to travel both within the DACH and other European locations is an essential requirement (up to 75% short-haul).
- While experience of designing/implementing any architectures that incorporate of IBM's native cloud or other security portfolio offerings is not expected, it is recommended that prior to interview candidates have performed sufficient research to demonstrate their interest in IBM Security services and solutions.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelors degree in an IT / IT Security related field;
- Minimum 10 years of proven experience as an information security architect attached to large transformation projects and/or broad security programmes;
- Minimum 5 years of experience of broad-level security architecture experience in 2 or more of the following security domains: Network Security, Data Security, Security and Event Management (SIEM), Anti-DDoS, Antimalware, Web Security, Identity and Access Management, SDLC/ DevOps Security.
- Minimum 3 years of experience of cloud deployments that include one or more of the following cloud native platforms: IBM Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure platforms.
- Working experience of industry compliance and security standards for traditional on-premise security including PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST;
- Working knowledge of key cloud security standards (NIST, ISO, CIS, NCSC, CSA STAR etc.).
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Industrial Control (ICS) Systems Security, Managed Device Security, Endpoint Detection & Response, Vulnerability Management, Data Loss Protection and Application Security; Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) into SaaS services and integration of CASB to SOC/SIEM services.
- Software defined networking (including SD-WANs) and data centres, and micro-segmentation;
- Agile security;
- Security GRC solutions;
- Foundational knowledge in EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), and other significant EU directives (e.g. Electronic Communications Directive 2002/58/EC etc.);
- Proven experience in presenting approaches to, methodologies for and output of security architecture engagements to executive representatives (C-suite / Board etc.)
- 5 years or more experience in working in international deployment roles;
- Master's degree or equivalent in IT Security or relevant IT related field; and
- Cloud related training and certification (e.g. CCSK, CCSP);
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top