Cloud Specialist - Architect
The Cloud Engagement Hub is one IBM brand-agnostic team pulling contemporary expertise from across IBM Services (GBS and GTS) and IBM Cloud Business units, with its revenue performance measured on the IBM Cloud revenue. The dynamic, startup culture of the Cloud Engagement Hub demonstrates the agility that IBM must exhibit in the fast changing world our clients experience in their business and the fierce, competitive cloud environment.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This is a technical leadership role responsible for defining, refining and strengthening the cloud journey for our clients, applying a portfolio of repeatable solutions, helping them navigate complex solution decision trees based on a suite of products and services that span multiple business units in IBM and our partner ecosystem.
• Work directly with clients, their ecosystems partners and IBM teams at very senior leadership as well as deep technical levels:
A. demonstrate IBM's relevance today and into the future of the client's transformation strategy and cloud journey
B. define product and services selection decision trees for complex multibrand cloud journeys that deliver client value
C. harvest multibrand repeatable cloud use case patterns from client engagement in order to scale successes
D. drive IBM cloud products and services portfolio enhancement and continued simplification, working with go-to-market teams in support of IBM's Enterprise-Out strategy
Candidates demonstrate the following:
- personal ownership for actions; no hesitation to declare their position; decisive action.
- behaviour that is consistent with IBM values and leadership.
- trust in every environment, even when it's tough to do so.
- cooperative work style to achieve shared objectives, barriers do not prevent collaborating for success.
- ability to form and maintain lasting relationships, inclusive teams, leveraging and amplifying personal networks.
- engagement with clients as co-creators and constructs teams for radical collaboration, encouraging diversity of thought.
- competent and professional navigation of client, partner and IBM environments even where data is not complete or is ambiguous.
- root causes analysis, creation of causal hypotheses, problem solving, and conversion of challenges into opportunities.
- determination and courage to pursue the most challenging goals with the professional and personal conviction to overcome obstacles along the way.
Lastly and most importantly, the character, expertise and experience to win the trust of the teams we work with and the clients we support to become their Trusted Advisor
- impacts on the performance of others through developing and sharing a compelling vision, as well as consensus across diverse teams.
*This is a multi-country requisition, meaning that the requisition is posted in several countries. If you are working in one of these countries you can apply to that specific country and relocation would not be required.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Cloud technology / cloud solutions
• Cognitive technology / Watson solutions
• Hardware / software technology
• Contemporary consultative skills
. Strategic thinking
. Strong verbal and written communication skills
. Thrive in a highly-matrixed global organization
. Proven experience in defining and delivering complex client solutions
. Ability to proactively identify issues and provide solutions, and remove roadblocks
. English fluent.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top