Cloud Solution Specialist – Data & Analytics (Watson Data Platform)
As a technical role focused on a specific IBM Cloud offering, you will be responsible for developing solutions and associated price/ cost cases which include hardware, software and labor/ services of the proposed/ recommended solution. Working in partnership with wider team, you will engage as deal team member for overall solution development.
Major responsibility would include:
- Own the Cloud solution as well as interface to other parts of the overall solution
- Be a part of the deal/ engagement team, build the solution
- Create artefacts to accurately describe the solution
- Technical Solution Document (TSD) presentation
- Risk, Assumptions, Issues, Dependencies (RAID) Log
- Approval artefacts
- Develop/ Obtain a Base Case
Demonstrate your consultative capabilities by providing value added information to clients for connecting technology and business value in the solutions that you develop. You will be an IBM Cloud evangelist responsible for educating clients on the benefits and options for using the IBM Cloud platform and clients value proposition. Participate and lead architectural discussions with clients and internal team as you build new and re-architected cloud solutions and help customers migrate applications and services to the IBM Cloud platform.
You'll have strong experience across systems integration, information management, business analytics and architecture. You'll have multiple years of experience in working in a data warehouse environment and you'll be knowledgeable of both traditional and emerging approaches to information management and analytics. The role focuses on providing right selection and solutioning from various data store options such as Object Storage, Redis, Graph, Mongo, Cloudant, Postgres, DB2 on Cloud, DB2 Warehouse on Cloud etc. Data movement and processing stacks such as Analytics Engine (Hadoop & Spark), Streaming Analytics related solutioning will be another major area.
You will be working together with broader deal team to do the solutioning of Cloud based data solutions in Big Data, Analytics space. You will be responsible for providing guidance for sizing, performance, availability, scalability aspects for ensuring application usability and for designing centralized or distributed systems that both address the business requirements and perform efficiently and effectively.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with solution architecture in the Big Data, Analytics, Business Intelligence and/or Data Warehousing domain
- Experience across systems integration, information management business analytics and architecture
- Experience of a data warehouse environment and knowledge of existing and emerging data integration approaches
- Experience with at least one modern NoSQL database technology, preferably two or more (e.g, Cassandra, MongoDB, Riak, Redis, Memcached)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top