Cloud Solution Leader – Micro Service Architecture
As senior technical role, you will provide cloud-based solutions to customers, by leveraging IBM Cloud offerings portfolio. You will be responsible for developing solutions and associated price/ cost cases which include hardware, software and labor/ services of the proposed/ recommended solution. Working in partnership with wider team, you will engage as deal team member for overall solution development.
Major responsibility would include:
- Own the Cloud solution as well as interface to other parts of the overall solution
- Be a part of the deal/ engagement team, build the solution
- Create artefacts to accurately describe the solution
- Technical Solution Document (TSD) presentation
- Risk, Assumptions, Issues, Dependencies (RAID) Log
- Approval artefacts
- Develop/ Obtain a Base Case
Demonstrate your consultative capabilities by providing value added information to clients for connecting technology and business value in the solutions that you develop. You will be an IBM Cloud evangelist responsible for educating clients on the benefits and options for using the IBM Cloud platform and clients value proposition. Participate and lead architectural discussions with clients and internal team as you build new and re-architected cloud solutions and help customers migrate applications and services to the IBM Cloud platform.
Some of the responsibilities are to serve as the SME to promote cloud native application architectures and the benefits of leveraging containers and micro-services. This would include solutioning of automating deployment, configuration, and verification of legacy or early stage technology to cloud environments and to support continuous integration of applications. You will need to have good understanding of design principles of a 12 factor app, and experience on designing and developing applications based on these principles. You will provide guidance of Continuous Delivery automated tool chain, including Agile task management, continuous build/integration/deploy, automated testing, environment provisioning, and monitoring.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience leading one or more of the following areas of a Cloud transformation journey: cloud native application architecture, cloud migration planning and cloud migration implementation
- Experience architecting containers and container orchestration tools, API and Microservices
- Microservices Frameworks (Istio, Netflix, OSS, Springt Boot), Kubernetes and Docker, Monitoring (Graffana, ELK, Prometheus)
- Experience with multiple Cloud native application patterns (web, mobile, IoT, big data)
- Experience in architecting with DevOps tooling and processes
- Experience in building decoupled architecture framework for cloud native applications
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top