Cloud Solution Leader – Cloud Migration
As senior technical role, you will provide cloud-based solutions to customers, by leveraging IBM Cloud offerings portfolio. You will be responsible for developing solutions and associated price/ cost cases which include hardware, software and labor/ services of the proposed/ recommended solution. Working in partnership with wider team, you will engage as deal team member for overall solution development.
Major responsibility would include:
- Own the Cloud solution as well as interface to other parts of the overall solution
- Be a part of the deal/ engagement team, build the solution
- Create artefacts to accurately describe the solution
- Technical Solution Document (TSD) presentation
- Risk, Assumptions, Issues, Dependencies (RAID) Log
- Approval artefacts
- Develop/ Obtain a Base Case
Demonstrate your consultative capabilities by providing value added information to clients for connecting technology and business value in the solutions that you develop. You will be an IBM Cloud evangelist responsible for educating clients on the benefits and options for using the IBM Cloud platform and clients value proposition. Participate and lead architectural discussions with clients and internal team as you build new and re-architected cloud solutions and help customers migrate applications and services to the IBM Cloud platform.
From a client perspective, you will deal with teams focused on designing, migrating, building, managing, transforming and expanding their services on Cloud. Some of the responsibilities are to serve as the SME to plan and design solutions to transition functionality from legacy equipment to the client' public and private clouds.
Key Skills and Experience required:
- Possess a strong background in Enterprise-level architecture design and engineering of industry standard core infrastructure and open source cloud technologies.
- Possess a working knowledge of IBM Cloud architectures, including Softlayer, containers (Armada), messaging, Compose database offerings, Identity and Access Management, security and CI/CD approaches
- Advanced understanding of and experience with continuous delivery development and deployment pipelines
- Experience with containerization and orchestration technologies (e.g., Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience with cloud technologies, especially AWS and IBM Cloud
- Experience with at least one modern NoSQL database technology, preferably two or more (e.g, Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, Memcached)
- Expert level skills in Cloud to guide technical client side architects on Cloud strategy and solution best practices. This will aid clients to identify high value Cloud entry points (e.g. new applications, transforming existing applications or simply starting a Cloud sandbox that IBM helps them operationalize.)
- Expert level skill in Cloud technology, including hybrid Cloud solutions
- Deep experience in designing and implementing highly available and scalable Cloud solutions
- Ability to position Cloud technology against industry solution requirements.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top