Cloud Solution Architect
Job Description :
The IBM Cloud Application Services Practice is the recognized leader for application services solutions to clients across all industries and verticals. We combine the latest technologies with the technical depth of IBM to design and implement full cycle application solutions to our client's business problems. Cloud Application Services is one of our key focus areas, extending the decade of intellectual capital and experience that IBM has obtained.
We are looking for a senior solution architect to sell and deliver IBM Cloud Application Services to our clients. The portfolio of our offering includes developing, migration and deploying new and existing applications to a multi-cloud environment. A successful candidate need to have a strong combination of deep hands on technical skills on enterprise application development and deployment and familiarity on popular cloud development platform from IBM and other leading providers such as Amazon Web Services, Azure, Aliyun, etc. You will be asked to identify technology trends, understand customer requirements, analyze client's application portfolio using IBM proprietary and other market leading tools and develop a proposal on how to modernize existing or develop new applications. You will also be part of the delivery team to realize these solutions in our client's environment.
Furthermore, working knowledge of Microservices, Containers, and Orchestration (eg. Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, IBM Cloud Private) would be advantageous.
• Present Cloud Application Services in IBM's solution point of view to client executives in CIO level
• Evangelize IBM capabilities in public events and forums
• Ability to design and personally implement Cloud "infrastructure as code" and similar Cloud architectures
• Architect and plan complex multi-year transformation projects
• Support to win business opportunities and enable delivery
• Leading the design and development work of solutions for clients
• Hold training to internal IBM Partners and Associate Partners to build up strategy capabilities of IBM's Cloud Application Services
• Develop capabilities within the practice and share leading technology trends with the broader community
• Willingness up to 25% of the time throughout Greater China Region
• Fluent in Chinese and English
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top